VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dismissing Every One Around Me

Rate this question

maset22

Question

I find myself short and don't want to tolarate BS. Including Mom's, and friends, my solution is to cut them out of my life, and vice versa. My voice raises gradually, but.I am not angry, and my juices start flowing, just like a mission. How I feel? Relieved, blood pressure down couple points, but I really don't feel bad. I love my Mom but we are opposite, she is passive aggressive, and I still am like the military. Now I have several friends we speake on the phone, but the are all military. Even thou I cut a military out also.

What's wrong with me? Am I getting more mental from my PTSD like don't care, I say that a lot, " it does not matter " now I am going to have my Dad disappointed in me, another reason to cut him out. I just don't care, suicidal is not in my doing due to my faith, but ridding fast living on the edge is ok.

I am still going throught treatment for a full.stomack and partial spleen removal. The chemo and radiation is still in me. What is wrong with me? You guys know, you have done countless counseling in your time. Help me. I am not going back to V.A.

You know what ticks me off and makes me blow up? When I go to see a mental health doctor and he acts like he knows what I have been thru!

You know what makes me feel better? When I talk to a vet that has been thru the same stuff I have!

In my experience its just fine to surround yourself or even just have one or two people that understand because they have been there too!

When a vet blows up at me I tell them to quit being a jerk and then we go have an adult beverage or a milk shake or something! Its ok because are reading out of the same book and probably pretty close to being on the same page!

Its normalish to have these blow ups as long as they can be controlled to not land in jail. It would be healthier to NOT have them but its part of dealing with what we have been thru.

I used to think I was alone in acting the way that I do. Now I know I am not alone and either are you!

You know what ticks me off and makes me blow up? When I go to see a mental health doctor and he acts like he knows what I have been thru!

You know what makes me feel better? When I talk to a vet that has been thru the same stuff I have!

In my experience its just fine to surround yourself or even just have one or two people that understand because they have been there too!

When a vet blows up at me I tell them to quit being a jerk and then we go have an adult beverage or a milk shake or something! Its ok because are reading out of the same book and probably pretty close to being on the same page!

Its normalish to have these blow ups as long as they can be controlled to not land in jail. It would be healthier to NOT have them but its part of dealing with what we have been thru.

I used to think I was alone in acting the way that I do. Now I know I am not alone and either are you!

My sentiments EXACTLY...Nicely written!

LC

We all struggle every day, and feel like you do. I moved to the Lake out in the Country to get away from everyone. After what we did and went thru while in service, we just don't have patience for stupid people that live In this crazy world.