VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Upload?

Rate this question

BGrass

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

They can access the C-File, notes, and current medication. If you filed a FDC claim, don't upload docs as that will move your claim to a traditional claim and you will be on the old 2 year wait list. If you filed a regular claim then it wouldn't hurt to load the docs. I am learning that the more we send the better. I have a FDC and SSDI claim in now, and trying to stay ahead of the game is one heck of a struggle. God bless and good luck bud.

when all said and done and the fat lady has sung, it is your responsibility to get them the evidence., they have a duty to assist, but that is a very broad statement. I would send it in, delivery confirmation, and put your claim number , name, and date on EVERY PAGE. make copies of what u send, and file it, along with the deliver confirmation reciept u got from the post office.

keep any statements in support of your claim, brief, general, and too the point. if you tell them to get it, and they dont, theres no way to know what they ever got, because they will play a little game with you, they will say they dont know if part of your file is electronic yet, and some files may be there,. nobody can seem to look at all of the records at once.

JUST SEND IN YOUR EVIDENCE, and u will be sure they got it. what they do with it, is a different story.

if you dont send them the information, and lose your claim, there is no proof of what they had, when they denied your claim. that is what the c-file is supposed to be for, but they keep playing games, they say they dont have it all on paper, well why the hell cant they copy it off of computer files? its just a diversionary tactic. They dont want you to be able to pin them down, on having evidence.

When attorneys request these things, they send them everything, because they know if they dont send it, later in the process they will be exposed and it will become an issue.

thanks for your service and good luck.

My experience has been good without any problems when I mail things via the post office with the green return receipt. The extra couple of bucks gives me piece of mind. With that said, I don't think this method is by any means "fail safe". I've herd way too many stories of others who got the green RR back only later...much later...to hear from the VA that they claim it was never received!!!

I really wish a few things would be done to improve this line of communication between VA and vet. Some suggestions would be:

1) Allow documents submitted to the VA via ebenefits to be viewed to ensure evidence is not only received, but viewable.

2) Having our VSOs actively engaged on our behalf and able to confirm documents are in VA's possession...a sore subject for me!

3) Timely & accurate updates of Ebennefits Claim Status...This one boggles my mind. Just think of how many calls are placed to "Peggy" by vets trying to find the answer to something that could have been easily viewed on the website had it been updated properly.

I'd love to see this system work better for everyone's benefit. Until it is, there will continued confusion, unnecessary added appeals, and ultimatly it is you and I as veterans that suffer...just sayin'

LC