• momo-001.jpg

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Navy04

Has Anyone Been Approved For Ssdi Lately In Texas?

Has anyone been approved for SSDI lately in Texas? Where and what were your conditions?

I do know that its normal that the first two decisions will be a denial unless you are terminal or your can paralyzed. The first two decisions are made on the state levels and the third one is the federal level which is a different ball game. The State SS people don't know the hands from the fingers and use RNs to make decisions, even going against a medical doctor's decision. Now, if you have a smart doctor who knows their stuff they know how to fill out the SS Form or even write a letter that an RN or PA can't deny. If you were denied twice get you an attorney and get it to the third round. Yes your attorney will make it last as long as they can but it will be worth it in the long run.

I do know SS is going to the video hearings now and they are cutting the 2 year hearing average by 6+ months now. I applied in Sept 2012 and have my hearing in January. My friend has a person to person hearing in December and he has waited 2 years. Its funny how you get to know more people with your exact conditions than you do the normal people when you end up with the conditions. God Bless you my friend.

Thanks RP,

I do have a lawyer, but I submitted my claim online. I just got my RFCs and letters from Docs today. My brother has his Video Hearing next Monday. I have submitted a boat load of evidence and I pray it works.

The local level follows the POMS and the hearing level follows the regulations. So at the local level you pretty much have to fit into the neat little boxes in a tidy manner to get approved. The ALJs are given more discretion to actually think when they make decisions. It is much harder to get approved (at least at the local level) if you are under 50.

They actually publish the statistics of decisions by judge at the SSA site http://www.ssa.gov/appeals/DataSets/03_ALJ_Disposition_Data.html

http://www.ssa.gov/appeals/DataSets/03_ALJ_Disposition_Data.pdf

navy04,

Everything everone has said, plus, the judge at the hearing also references other cases to approve claims that don't fit neatly into the boxes that are at steps one and two. Age is also a factor levels one and two use. We are fighting that with my wife. She has Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, but she is only 49. Age 50 is a big thing. She will probably be 50 when we go before the judge. Wisconsin is 18 months for a hearing. We just went with Allsup last week and hopefully they can get the case in front of the judge before the hearing for a positive result. My wife stopped working 12/2011.

Good luck with you and your brother,

Hamslice

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Mere Speculation  Comp and Pen
      Hello Fellow Veteran 20 year retired disabled Navy veteran, quick ?? I am going for unemployability through the VA just had my comp and Pen, I do check off all the DBQ according to the therapist , but at the end of it she said in her opinion it would be mere speculation on rather I should get unemployability or not. What’s that mean thanks 
      • 9 replies
    • Man using HadIt name to collect funds -  Go FundMe shuts down campaign following Raleigh man's arrest for fraud
      I was interviewed for  this story. This gentlemen was using the HadIt name to collect funds for some non existent charity. "HadIt.com" is NOT a non-profit. "HadIt.com" will never have anyone collecting outside of Walmarts. If "HadIt.com" does not list a fundraiser on our site it is not affiliated with us. Please read the story and pass on that this person is NOT affiliated with "HadIt.com"

Note: The text at the top of the video lists me as a nonprofit founder. HadIt.com is a for profit, it is not a non profit and this man is not associated with our site and none of the money he collected had anything to do with our site.

Go FundMe shuts down campaign following Raleigh man's arrest for fraud 
      https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/gofundme-shuts-down-campaign-following-raleigh-man-s-arrest-for-fraud/1866907862?fbclid=IwAR3Z6cTDSvv2yr9f1hKanLjOBeHjLyeJPtOnVQX0vTGmpF0d_eXiGsPaJug
      • 5 replies
    • Additional 100% Disabled Veteran Benefits
      https://www.hadit.com/100-percent-total-and-permanent-service-connected-disability-additional-benefits/

If you reach 100% P and T there are more benefits available to you. This is by no means an extensive list and we recommend calling the Veterans Affairs at 1-800-827-1000 with any questions about the following benefits.

Check your state benefits here

Dental treatment for 100% disabled veteran benefits.

Educational Assistance for Dependents: (under chapter 35) Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.

Civilian health and medical program for dependents/survivors (CHAMPVA). Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.

Specially Adapted Homes

Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance: Decreasing term mortgage insurance up to $90,000 for veterans who have received a Specially Adaptive Housing grant and have an existing mortgage.

Waiver of cost of Service Disabled life Insurance: and additional $20,000 of life insurance at cost to veteran. Veteran must have applied for insurance within two years of initial disability rating or within two years of a new disability rating. An increase in a disability rating does not qualify as a new disability.

Commissary and Exchange privileges for veteran and dependents: The veteran must request a letter from the VA specifying veteran is in receipt of 100% disability, and then applies for a military ID card at the nearest ID card issuing facility.

Emergency treatment in non-VA facilities: if VA facilities are not available.

Annual Eye exams and prescribed eye wear

Continue Reading
      • 0 replies
    • Type 1 Diabetes recent onset!
      I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in September 2017 OUT OF NOWHERE.

i am a Navy Reservist and deployed in later 2009 to mid 2010 and again later 2014 to mid 2015; had a 2 year recall between those deployments.  

Only healthcare received since commissioning in 2008 was from the Navy and no issues EVER.

insulin dependent and have dietary restrictions and in a non deployable status.

VA denied initial claim due to Type 1 not showing on active duty and now appealing.

Anyone with successful experience getting a rating with my circumstances?  I live in Upstate New York.
      • 9 replies
    • Agent Orange Kadena Afb Okinawa
      I am looking for anyone who was on Kadena AFB, Okinawa or .Chanute AFB, IL. My dad was there from Oct. 68-April 70. He has ichemic heart disease, diabetes which has resulted in the amputation of his right leg below the knee and peripheral neuropathy. We were denied in 2002 AMVETS filed a claim on his behalf for heart condition, diabetes and back problems. I refiled in December 2011 and have just received the claim statements and medical release forms. I am familiar with filling out this paper work because my husband is a combat veteran of Iraqi Freedom. I have been reading articles from the Japan times and I am a member of the Agent Orange Okinawa facebook page. Another thing that helps make my dad's case is that he was on Chanute AFB, IL and it is on the EPA Superfund list and has PCBs/Pesticides and Dioxins/Furans listed as ground and water contaminants. I welcome any advice, tips or articles that I may have missed in my own research.
      • 15 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines