VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Denied?

Rate this question

seventy5th

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Is it true you can't put in for IU if you have an appeal going on? MY claim is with the rater at decision stage with the IU put in as they recommended I put it in. Stated I may be qualified to get it(hint, hint)

• HadIt.com Elder

No, it's not true. You can put in anything you want, except when your claim is at the CAVC. Then your c-file is sealed or frozen(not the official term), meaning nothing can be added to the claim. When your claim is sealed, for the court, they just start a temporary c-file to put your additional stuff in, and then add it to your regular c-file, later.

pr

Or I should say does this mean it won't be approved until your appeal is decided. I heard you can't get an IU approved if there is another open claim pending.

John do you or know someone that can look at the medical claim I put on here to make comments on what the rating might award me? I am at 70%. And I also put IU on the claim which could help.