VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Outsider Finally Stepping In...

Rate this question

Tashfish

Question

Good evening everyone! I stumbled upon this site some time ago while doing research for my own ongoing claim, and after fighting with the captcha-lol-I finally joined after following you all to the point that I feel as if I know you! Let me say that being a vet of 12 yrs now working as a govt contractor, I admire the support everyone offers to each other here. I feel that now that I am a "civilian" my military counterparts (some not all) don't look at us as in the same boat anymore sadly, and one thing I always loved abt being in the military WAS that sense of family! Anywhoo, I am into my 8th month of what was supposed to have been a FDC. My VARO is St. Pete's, and after my last C&P in the beginning of Nov, I was surprised to see my claim speed up in Dec. A decision was made on the 4th and Peggy says I'm still in prep for notification! I'm getting nervous! Everyone else seems to have gotten theirs closed out a couple days or so after! Any ideas? This is my first ever claim and I had 4 issues put in.

Thanks Meg and LC! Carlie is it true that I will only have the percentage DOD awarded me deducted from the percentage (if any) VA recommends, but that ratings for any other contentions cannot be deducted from based on the fact that I wasn't awarded severance pay for those issues? I've been wondering about that and I've seen some info that leads me to believe that would be the case. Thanks for any info, and Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a "closed" claim soon!!! (Eyes closed, fingers and toes crossed and prayers sent up)!

Hang on THERE man. I honestly think that you will get word within a matter of days.

My original award of 20% they took the whole 200$ to pay towards my military severance pay.

I'm not at 40% and they still take the 200$ but nothing more.

I can't honestly say how that works. If I could I would give them my hole amount so it could get paid off faster. I've been paying 200$ a month since 2009

No such luck Killemall! Apparently as of Saturday it moved back again to review of evidence! No mail for me anytime soon! Im not sure what could be going on, but I guess its good its moving around at least! And what you're saying sounds about right on how they can deduct severance pay. I guess I'll sit tight for now!