VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav Lifetime Membership Worth It?

Rate this question

scythis

Question

Hi all, I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere, so I'm posting this topic. Sorry if I've repeated some other post.

I'm wondering whether the lifetime membership at the DAV is worth the $250. Do they:

1) Give you better representation

2) Work harder for you

3) Give you any other benefits besides discounts

I'm a 70% SC with IU at 100%. I might want to start working. In that case, I want to be sure that the DAV fights for me to retain my 70% SC.

Thanks,

Scythis

• HadIt.com Elder

The DAV is OK as an advocate for the veteran population, but not on an individual level.  If you want to make a charitable contribution then life membership is OK.  They treat life members just as bad as non-members.

• HadIt.com Elder

Being a member makes no difference in how they/any prosecute/defend your claim. I joined yrs ago and wish I hadn't. I consider most VSOrgs as a waste of money, however I found out too late. I feel you are best to do your own claim, as most do absolutely nothing, except maybe submit the forms and the VA will help you fill those out.

I'm a Life member of VVA, VFW and the DAV. I wish I'd saved my money. I used to think the VVA was good, until I attended one of their seminars for VSO's. It was sad.

The management of most VSOrgs are highly paid and basically political positions. Save your money and spend some on the VBM, about $158, postpaid, instead. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with PR. The DAV I joined was mostly self serving using their income to buy stuff and trips for members who went to meetings.

unless they are working feverishly behind the scenes, and fighting at higher levels to get vets what they have earned, I just havent seen or heard, or experienced results that make me confident in them. They are quick to tell you how good they are,. , but show you is what I want to see.

save that money for a good printer, ink and paper and postage for delivery confirmation. Study the 38 cfr, listen to opinions on here, study BOARD of APPEALS cases that have been adjudicated in the past, and gather evidence, then do battle. it is a hostile enviorment in sheeps clothing you are against.

Edited by 63SIERRA