VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim For Gwi Complete!

Rate this question

Motherof3

Question

EBenefits shows compensation claim complete for GWI. But, doesn't show disability percentage when I try to see in list of disabilities. Got a funny feeling they've denied me again for GWI PRESUMPTIVE illnesses. 2 year dependency claim still awaiting Decision Approval. I want this stage of my life over so that I can move on with healing! But I do believe I meet criteria for Gulf War Illnesses. We will see, I have a call in to "Peggy". Hopefully she will have good news!

6 answers to this question

EBenefits shows compensation claim complete for GWI. But, doesn't show disability percentage when I try to see in list of disabilities. Got a funny feeling they've denied me again for GWI PRESUMPTIVE illnesses. 2 year dependency claim still awaiting Decision Approval. I want this stage of my life over so that I can move on with healing! But I do believe I meet criteria for Gulf War Illnesses. We will see, I have a call in to "Peggy". Hopefully she will have good news!

Until one is satisfied with their VBA issues

OR

hits 100 % P&T status for 20 years of protection,

it isn't over.

Are you serious about having waited 2 years for a dependency claim? Please tell me your not going through the Nashville RO for that. Holy mother of God!

LC

Yes. Nashville office. First applied February 2012. Went through lost, didn't receive and need more paperwork cycle. Denied. Reopened April 2013, their date. Increased August 2013, still no decision on dependency. Compensation completed 20 December 2013. Waiting on mail! Dependency moved back to pending decision approval.

Had a veteran in my office last Wednesday. His dependency claim was submitted to VA October, 2011. He still has not received any word. His VARO is Winston-Salem. I assisted him in completing and submitting a congressional complaint. We shall see. It's cases like this where I believe that everybody in the VA needs to be fired and we all need to start over. That wouldn't be a fair assessment because I do know (personally) and members on this site that work for va. And I do know that they pour their heart out each and every day to assist us veterans. However, I also know that their hands are tied to an extent on what they can/cannot do. Like any other organization, your going to have the good and the bad