VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spine Clinics And Referrals To Spine Care Center Hubs

Rate this topic

So far this has been a sham. I haven't posted on this topic in a while but so far every doc plays as they never heard of this. Today I again confronted the doc and the patient advocate. I asked to have my PCP changed, asked about fee based care, asked for a surgical consult on the spine, asked about the VA choice program and nothing but elusive answers. I am getting medical opinions through my private insurance while I still have it, however, I was trying to get opinions from the VA side of the medical care that is to be provided to me and nada. Zilch. Crap and more crap. It is very difficult to get treatment, let alone acknowledgment of available services that are supposed to be provided by the VA for service connected conditions. No chiro, no appointments anytime soon. Such crap.

On a positive note I got 5 trigger point injections today from the VA and honestly it is helping some I can't deny that. Although I know that it will be short lived, at least there is some relief.

Third time going through patient advocate and it's been a waste of time so far. I'm going to give it a few days, however, I'm tired of the excuses, I need results and someone who will not give me the run around. RRRRRR. Patience is getting harder to come by.

Oh heh. The patient advocate admitted there are such programs like the one I mentioned. In Dallas and San Antonio Texas for spinal chord injuries. I was shocked. At least someone has heard of it.

The acknowledgment is officially Houston, TX for the Spinal Care Center Hub. I was told that they will pay for me to go down there with my spouse allowed to travel with me, however, how long the process takes and what to do in the mean time, I was given no information. I'm willing and wanting to go through the diagnostic testing to see what options I have even if its the VA, but I want to be afforded the opportunity to get as many medical opinions from surgeons before anyone even touches my back.

• 4 months later...

Officially denied. Your condition is not severe, continue with conservative treatment. Makes me sick.

• 4 months later...

I had back surgery by private surgeon for SC disability, however it was covered by Tricare and Medicare. The VA did authorize physical therapy at a private therapist near my home though, as I am over 50 miles to VA Med Cntr.

I had back surgery by private surgeon for SC disability, however it was covered by Tricare and Medicare. The VA did authorize physical therapy at a private therapist near my home though, as I am over 50 miles to VA Med Cntr.

personal questions, has it helped,  would you still do it again? how are you doing now?  what procedure did you have done?

Edited by ArNG11

I had spinal fusion many years ago. Now have back arthritic condition. All service connected. I had a fall two years ago and fractured the spine in two places. Went to private spinal center and the surgeon performed a procedure called kyphoplasty, where they actually cemented/glued the fractures together. Had six months in back brace, but avoided more serious surgery with insertion of screws and rods. It was very successful and I am doing well now.