VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase Claims Have Been Straightfoward And Quick In The Past

Rate this question

deestee

Question

Hi i am currently disabled 60 percent 10 for degenerative arthritis and 50 for ptsd. After alnist two years of job changes and severe anxiety panic attacks i filed for an increase. Also due to my back and my worsening memory problems my wife and i applied for the caregiver program and were approved. None of my past claims have taken over 5 months and i recently had a c and p exam for my most recent claim for ptsd i also have mood disorder which i havent claimed. Looking over my c and p exam she checked off all the criteria for the 70 percent level and reported that since my last exam my symptoms had signifigantly increased and that the ptsd was the underlying cause for all the symptoms. Imo it looks good for 70 but i do work fulltime on a job that i am totally alone on third shift which is what i requested. Just eanted to know what you guys think about it

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

We would have to see the C&P exam results. Also your mood disorder will fall under PTSD. The VA does not allow what they call Pyramiding of illnesses. So you only get compensation for one. For example with me I have PTSD, Depression, Insomnia, OCD and Anxiety all fall under PTSD. My Crohn's Disease and GERD fall under Crohn's. Also the PTSD can be hard to increase if you are working full time. I was medically retired in Feb this year, and in march I became an Agent with the state tracking Violent Sex Offenders. I resigned in Oct this year due to Mental and Physical health.and then I filed for Increase and SSDI cause I knew it would be hard to get the Increases. God Bless and good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

I would just drop the mood disorder unless you had it in service. It will complicate things. I cannot see 100% for PTSD if you are working. I was SC'ed for schizophrenia, panic disorder, PTSD, dissociative disorder and social phobia. I was not working, and I got 70% TDIU. My RO is really hard assed....St Petersburg. They just rolled all the disorders into schizophrenia et al and presented me with 70%. I had SSD. I had to fight for TDIU. I think I got screwed, but I needed the money.

John

I didnt apply for iu just an increase. All my records and doctors notes collaborated with what the c and p doc said i didnt see a gaf score but i had high scores on the trauma and mssi scale. She ruled out anxiety disorder ocd and bipolar and said everything was manifesting from the ptsd