VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Exam?

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I spoke wih an Attorney and he tells me if the Evidence shows 'boots on the ground' in a Combat Zone and the sressor is an Organized documented Military Offensive then I may not need a C&P. My DD214 shows these items.

The VA psyciatrist wrote in my file about the stressor and connected it to the Viet Nam experience I had in 1970. The DD214 has 'Operation Rockcrusher' written on it with the date. I was in Field Artillary for the entire year in RVN as shown by my DD214.

Is this enough Evidence?

Does taking a long time to process maybe mean a good outcome?

Are they usually quick when they Deny a claim?

No other 'Evidence was sent as suggested by my Representative. Now I am worried after reading all the posts on here.

Since my VVA Representative is no longer with them I am having doubts about what was sent as 'Evidence'.

He said my DD214 shows that I was in Combat, and my VA Psyc diagnosed me with PTSD with the SC to 'Operation Rockcrusher' in RVN.

It has been 10 months on my FDC and I am at 'Review of Evidence' and it seems to have stalled there.

Sorry to keep bugging you guys.....

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

VA will 99% of time do a C&P for PTSD. I spent 5 years in Iraq and Afghanistan and I could not count how many missions or combat I was involved in. I had initial C&P and I will have to have another one here soon as I submitted an FDC for increases. Good luck and just wait and see what happens. My FDC is going on 4 months and they have not even started to work on my claim.

Thank you for the reply, Nice to have folks with experiance to talk to.

Without getting into the specifics, it was not the Mission or Combat that continues to haunt me. It was before and afterwards that causes my nightmares and all the bad crap I feel. Some disgusting immoral things occured that I should have tried to stop others from doing. I should have been more forceful in my warning when on guard duty on one night. I turned down a Purple Heart because I was only shot in the thumb. I thought it would be a disgrace to take one with my fellow Soldiers really hurt.

I still don't want one now..so no issue there.

I wake up screeming and I fight so hard when I sleep that I broke both my big toes kicking the wall in the middle of the night. Last time was at my son's house in my Grandson's room. I felt terrible for bleeding all over the place. Both feet are permanantly damaged due to this. My poor Dog won't even try to get in bed with me, poor little guy thinks I kicked him on purpose. Wife sleeps in another room too.

• HadIt.com Elder

You may need to discuss the disgusting, immoral things if you have a c&p exam, so don't hold back. You should tell the exam doctor you were ok before Nam and your problems all related to your Nam experience. You should have got that PH because that would make your PTSD claim a slam/dunk. You could still get it via BCMR, maybe. You have proof of your GSW in your SMR's?

John

You may need to discuss the disgusting, immoral things if you have a c&p exam, so don't hold back. You should tell the exam doctor you were ok before Nam and your problems all related to your Nam experience. You should have got that PH because that would make your PTSD claim a slam/dunk. You could still get it via BCMR, maybe. You have proof of your GSW in your SMR's?

John

Sorry, I am not up to date on the shorthand. What is GSW,SMR's, PH and BCMR?

• HadIt.com Elder

GSW=gunshot wound, SMR's= your service medical records, PH=Purple Heart, BCMR= Board for Correction of medical records. I have little stuff in my records about different offensives my unit was in while I was in Nam. I was in a combat aviation unit.

John

GSW=gunshot wound, SMR's= your service medical records, PH=Purple Heart, BCMR= Board for Correction of medical records. I have little stuff in my records about different offensives my unit was in while I was in Nam. I was in a combat aviation unit.

John

GSW was treated by Medic in the Field..no record at my request.

SMR's I have no idea what is in them, I have never seen them.

There is alot of Public info on Operation Rockcrusher. A google search will bring it up. I was in the 23rd Artillary Group with them 155 Sp Howitzer unit. I was a Track Mechanic.