VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Exam?

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I spoke wih an Attorney and he tells me if the Evidence shows 'boots on the ground' in a Combat Zone and the sressor is an Organized documented Military Offensive then I may not need a C&P. My DD214 shows these items.

The VA psyciatrist wrote in my file about the stressor and connected it to the Viet Nam experience I had in 1970. The DD214 has 'Operation Rockcrusher' written on it with the date. I was in Field Artillary for the entire year in RVN as shown by my DD214.

Is this enough Evidence?

Does taking a long time to process maybe mean a good outcome?

Are they usually quick when they Deny a claim?

No other 'Evidence was sent as suggested by my Representative. Now I am worried after reading all the posts on here.

Since my VVA Representative is no longer with them I am having doubts about what was sent as 'Evidence'.

He said my DD214 shows that I was in Combat, and my VA Psyc diagnosed me with PTSD with the SC to 'Operation Rockcrusher' in RVN.

It has been 10 months on my FDC and I am at 'Review of Evidence' and it seems to have stalled there.

Sorry to keep bugging you guys.....

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Personally I am surprised at what the lawyer told you.

Your need to fit into the new PTSD criteria here at hadit.

C & P exams justify the fact that the VA has has medical input into the claim.

They are also required to determine a proper rating.

I dont doubt you have PTSD from the war but VA doesn'.t care what I think.And might not even care what your shrink said as to stating your stressor nexus.

PS, the new 2010- PTSD criteria is in this post:

PS, the new 2010- PTSD criteria is in this post:

Thank you very much Berta.

I was unable to open the link.

So my answer is NO, that is not enough evidence.

I am in Review of evidence and have been for 6 months. Does this mean they will kick me bacwards and ask for more Evidence?

Case completion is estimated as 01-13-2014 and we are 2 weeks away! Can you speculate as to what is going on? When I called, the Lady reviewed my file and said all evidence was there.

I know that is an estmated time of completion but it seems like along time to wait for a FDC claim based on what I read here.

I know you hear it all the time, but, I am going crazy not knowing what the heck is going on (if anything).

the time frame for an FDC depends upon the VARO that is adjudicating the claim. The quickest FDC I've seen was 8 days, the longest 8 months. I've read on here with different veterans that they had FDC's for a year or more.

I would just wait until you receive your rating decision in the mail. Ebenefits site is a joke, if you rely on that site you will have PTSD!

• HadIt.com Elder

You must have enough for VA DX of PTSD since you were in a place dangerous enough to get your thumb shot. Was your basecamp ever attacked in any way including snipers, mortars, rockets, ground attack etc? I am sure you have more than enough for PTSD DX and compensation. By the way, I was at an small army airbase that had 155 Howitzers and 105's as well. The 155's were the loudest thing I ever heard, especially when they fired them over us to get to some target. We did worry about short rounds. Are you deaf? What hearing protection did you use?

A buddy of mine got SC'ed for PTSD and his records showed Winter and Summer Offensive 1970.

john999, on 31 Dec 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

You must have enough for VA DX of PTSD since you were in a place dangerous enough to get your thumb shot.  Was your basecamp ever attacked in any way including snipers, mortars, rockets, ground attack etc?  I am sure you have more than enough for PTSD DX and compensation.  By the way, I was at an small army airbase that had 155 Howitzers and 105's as well.  The 155's were the loudest thing I ever heard, especially when they fired them over us to get to some target.  We did worry about short rounds.  Are you deaf? What hearing protection did you use?

A buddy of mine got SC'ed for PTSD and his records showed Winter and Summer Offensive 1970.

No hearing protection..We were constantly under attack by all of the above. We moved every 7 days to a new peice of dirt to fire direct support for the 199th Infantry and the 25th. We also had 2 Dusters and 2- 175's. At night we helped break out ammo for the Guns, couldn't sleep with them firing and didnt want to anyway. My son asked me if we recieved fire, I told him only 5 or 6 days a week. We were NOT at a FSB (fire suppot base)but, in the Field for the entire year. I rememeber during Operation Sanctary we fired point blank into the trees to repel a groung attack. Bee hive rounds are amazing. Guard duty and Burial detail were part of my duties as well. Really was a dirty War because we had rules, VC had none! Edited by usdart