VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Two And A Half Hour "power Play"?

Rate this topic

I am retired now and am low man on the totem pole when someone needs our second vehicle. I generally roll with it as the reasoning is sound. My daughter-in-law just gave birth on the 15th. We let them use a car during the late stages of the pregnancy because my son had to be at work.

My oldest daughter and family flew in for the holidays and are staying in the next town with the in-laws. My wife promised them my vehicle during their stay.

I injured my shoulder avout 6 weeks ago. I initially thought it might get better on its own but no such luck.

I was hesitant to make a VA appt. not knowing when I would have transportation.

I also don't use the phone due to hearing loss.

I e-mailed about an appt. and the response was "call for an appt.".

I had to borrow my car for a day for an appt. at a VA clinic 45 miles away yesterday and made plans to take care of a few overdue items while there.

The pain in my shoulder drove me to decide that since I was already halfway there and didn't know when another chance would present itself, I went to the nearest VAMC ER.

I arrived before 8pm and the older triage nurse spent most of our time ripping me for "using the ER as primary care" and telling me how I was abusing the system and messing things up.

This is only the second time I've used a VA ER. The first time I wasmsent there by a Dr. at the clinic.

At 11:30 pm I was giving my name at the x-ray window and the guy said, "where have you been? We've been waiting for you since 9!".

I am wondering if the angry triage nurse who finally sent me to x-ray decided to make me sit in the waiting room as punishment.

The Dr. who finally saw me apologized for the delay but I was calm. I had expected a long wait and figured the other patients probably had more pressing needs.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's lucky it wasn't me. I would have ripped her a new tamale. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good attitude, because a few of us wouldn't take that type of abuse regardless wether she's having a bad day or not.

As far as I'm concern, that's not good patient care.

Hope everything works out ok for you, and thank you for your service.

you should have jacked her asrse up, sitting silent encourages bad behavior. I recall a while back, walking thru the VA hospital in Temple texas past the emergency intake lobby, and A veteran screaming at the top of his lungs at a evil looking smart arse nurse. QUIT BEING SO MEAN TO ME I NEED HELP. HELLLLP HELLLLP .. I think everyone on the first floor and possibly second floor must have heard him. Everyone stopped to watch the debacle. The nurse tried to put on a good face, and act like she was trying to assist him, but her acting was quite rudementary,. They quickly brought a wheelchair and he scooted into , and let his head swing back with a deep, labored breath as they pushed him thru the double doors to the ER.

Maybe try it next time.

you should have jacked her asrse up, sitting silent encourages bad behavior. I recall a while back, walking thru the VA hospital in Temple texas past the emergency intake lobby, and A veteran screaming at the top of his lungs at a evil looking smart arse nurse. QUIT BEING SO MEAN TO ME I NEED HELP. HELLLLP HELLLLP .. I think everyone on the first floor and possibly second floor must have heard him. Everyone stopped to watch the debacle. The nurse tried to put on a good face, and act like she was trying to assist him, but her acting was quite rudementary,. They quickly brought a wheelchair and he scooted into , and let his head swing back with a deep, labored breath as they pushed him thru the double doors to the ER.

Maybe try it next time.

At Bay Pines VAMC, the above would most likely result in the Po-Po

knocking the vet to the floor, tazing them and then emptying a can of mace in their face.

Been there and saw this done in person - and the vet wasn't doing all that much screaming.

jmho