VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Loop In The Roller Coaster.....

Rate this question

StreetWalker

Question

Filed for TDIU in July of 2012 Denied in January of 2013 Filed for reconsideration with new and material evidence - Denial of VR&E due to severity of SC disabilities and statement from PCP stating I'm unemployable directly due to SC disabilities in April of 2013 Gathering of dust till November 2013 Kicked back to Gathering of Evidence" in November 2013. Received letter stating I needed to submit new and material evidence. Went down to RO and talked to VSO. They had proof of New and Material evidence being submitted with request for reconsideration, we also resubmitted the evidence. December 27, 2013 C&P exam request. Still waiting on letter or phone call. Chances are I won't receive the letter from 7 miles away till Tuesday evening after the VA has gone home. Anything "mailed" at the Portland RO on a Friday is not actually picked up my the PO till Monday. The USPS delivery station for the RO is in the same building. However they receive their mail very early and this is when mail is picked up. They are too damn lazy to ride the elevator down two floors and walk 100 feet to mail the stuff the same day it's created. Wish me luck. I've been unable to work since July 23, 2012. SSA granted SSDI in less than three weeks solely for my SC back injury. Rated 40% for lumbar spine and 20% radiculopathy for each leg.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

good to hear they approved your back injury so fast, In texas, they dont want to give you SS unless your in a wheelchair. Im still waiting on my appointmment with the WIZARD.

Filed for TDIU in July of 2012 Denied in January of 2013 Filed for reconsideration with new and material evidence - Denial of VR&E due to severity of SC disabilities and statement from PCP stating I'm unemployable directly due to SC disabilities in April of 2013 Gathering of dust till November 2013 Kicked back to Gathering of Evidence" in November 2013. Received letter stating I needed to submit new and material evidence. Went down to RO and talked to VSO. They had proof of New and Material evidence being submitted with request for reconsideration, we also resubmitted the evidence. December 27, 2013 C&P exam request. Still waiting on letter or phone call. Chances are I won't receive the letter from 7 miles away till Tuesday evening after the VA has gone home. Anything "mailed" at the Portland RO on a Friday is not actually picked up my the PO till Monday. The USPS delivery station for the RO is in the same building. However they receive their mail very early and this is when mail is picked up. They are too damn lazy to ride the elevator down two floors and walk 100 feet to mail the stuff the same day it's created. Wish me luck. I've been unable to work since July 23, 2012. SSA granted SSDI in less than three weeks solely for my SC back injury. Rated 40% for lumbar spine and 20% radiculopathy for each leg.

Street,

You DO realize that submitting a request for reconsideration w/N&M evidence,

DOES NOT STOP your one year NOD clock from ticking, right ?

Denied Jan 2013 - to preserve the effective date a NOD must be filed within one year.

A request for reconsideration IS NOT A NOD.

Just saying.

I understand that. My VSO however says that the clock doesn't stop till the reconsideration is done. She just spent two years handling appeals at the BVA level in DC. I'd guess she knows what she's talking about.

maybe file a NOD and a request for re open with new evidence. thats what I did. It puts them in a position where they have to re review my case. Also they will need to send me a detailed SOC, if they decide to deny again, and from that detailed SOC, I will point out thier errors, and file thier own errors as new and material evidence and request another reopen. I will whip them with thier own ass.