• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• veterans-day-sale.jpg ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Popular Contributors

• Ads

• Ad

• Latest News
  • Our picks

• Military Service Records - Military personnel records can include DD 214s/Separation Documents, service personnel records found within the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF), and medical Records. Military personnel records can be used for proving military service or as a valuable tool in genealogical research.
      • 0 replies
    • So I've been in a basic power chair (Q6 Edge) since 2015. Late 2016 was also fitted for a TiLite TRA manual (also keeping powerchair). 2017 was approved by Tampa VA for clothing allowance for lower. 

Moved to Battle Creek VA late 2017. Since then was issued new basic powerchair (Quickie P222-SE) to replace broken Q6. Still use TiLite also now can lightly ambulate with Forearm crutches.

Use crutches 50%, and both chairs 25% each.

Was approved for 1 clothing allowance this year for forearms crutches for upper.

Was denied 2nd for chair/lower that was awarded last year because Chief Prosthetic states "powerchair takes precedence, you were issued that so you are to use only the powerchair".

Also powerchair has gap between seat and leg mounts where clothes do get caught and tear. Clinician was I'll put it back in but"power chairs dont get clothing allowances", and "any review or appeal will only come back to me"

I was approved for powerchair/custom manual combo clothing allowance last year; How do I word an appeal for the lower clothing allowance this year?

My local DAV rep at the VA has no clue on how to handle this.

• 6 replies
    • Thank you.  I’m not exactly sure of how I will file it.  If it is secondary to TBI, would it be pyramiding?
    • I understand what you are saying. Does it sometimes take awhile to update the VA letters and disabilities info online after it closes.....in my case on a Saturday ? Some on other posts on here says no and some say yes so I'm just curious about the inconsistency regarding that if it is yes and no.
    • I understand what you are saying. Does it sometimes take awhile to update the VA letters and disabilities info online after it closes.....in my case on a Saturday ? Some on other posts on here says no and some say yes so I'm just curious about the inconsistency regarding that if it is yes and no.

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines