VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My New Claim Rep Put My Tdiu Claim In.

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

My new claim rep put my TDIU claim in. After I moved, I got a new representative in Oregon. I signed a new POV with them in Oregon. I used to have American Legion in San Diego. I have many issues that are still in appeals and have yet to go through the appeals. The new claim rep says it's time to put that in and she says it should have been put in before. The old rep didn't want to. So, as it stand I have many issues on appeal ands TDIU now has been added. Not sure if anything moves faster in Oregon, but California was a nightmare. Actually the new rep's office is at the States Veterans offices.. and they took over the American Legion's claims a while back. So, the wait continues, just in a new state. So I still have about 6 outstanding claims with many, many complications mixed in. Extremely comp0licated.

A side note: my care has continued here. They don't have many facilities outside of Portland so I get almost al my care in Portland. I get a ride with DAV most the time. It's almost a 3 hour round trip, not counting the wait for when there are later appointments. The DAV ride must Portland VAMC leave by 2 p.m. so it is a full day when I do have to go to al the appointments. The necrotizing pancreatitis is slowly getting worse. .. although I am still functioning, eating, dinking, take massive amounts of meds and pain killers. But.... it's a day-2-day thing. So, just waiting and waiting.. in a couple weeks I hope the new spinal appointments will get me back to my spinal injections. I had to go 5 weeks (MONTHS) made a mistake and wrote weeks.. without an injection for pain in the spine because of my move and waiting for new doctors here. So, I am starting to get the hunchback and terrible pain when I don't get the spinal injections in time.

We had snow at the house a while back but it finally melted, and it may snow again pretty soon. in any case at least we get decent rain. I get peace here I could not get in California. I can rest good when I need it.

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Steve, always good to hear from you!

I am glad about the TDIU claim being put in for you and very glad that the DAV van has been helpful.

If you feel some Peace now, that move was well worth it.

VA isnt our eneny ...Time is., so take good care of yourself, as best as you can, preparing for the day that you tell us you have finally been properly compensated for your sacrifices, by the VA!

You have waited so long..... but your spirits seem to be much better.

We have had snow here in NY since late October.