VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Help Decipher Va Response To Claim Submitted

Rate this question

salty65

Question

This is from the VA response I received addressing my claim for PFB.

Service connection for pseudo folliculitis barbae has been granted because this condition, which existed prior to military service, permanently worsened as a result of service. The difference between disability evaluations before and after military service determines the degree of disability subject to service connection. Prior to service, the disability is considered 10 percent disabling based on evidence that showed pseudo folliculitis barbae on neck and chin. Following military discharge, the disability is 10 percent disabling because the evidence shows pseudo folliculitis barbae on neck, throat, and chin. The preservice percentage is always deducted before assuming any service-connected evaluation less than 100 percent.

An aggravated evaluation of 0 percent is assigned from November 7, 2012. When added with the pre-existing 10 percent, this disability meets the criteria for the 10 percent evaluation.

An evaluation of 10 percent is assigned for evidence of dermatitis or eczema involving at least 5 percent but less than 20 percent, of the entire body, or at least 5 percent, but less than 20 percent of exposed areas affected, or; intermittent systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required for a total duration of less than six weeks during the past 12 month period. A higher evaluation of 30 percent is not warranted unless the record shows dermatitis or eczema involving 20 to 40 percent of the entire body or 20 to 40 percent of the entire body or 20 to 40 percent of exposed areas affected, or; systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required for a total duration of six weeks or more, but not constantly, during the past 12-month period.

Thank you.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It either looks like they granted you another 10% on top for 20% total, or they just continuing to grant you10% and the VA acknowledged that the Military caused the condition to not heal, and continue to cause damage to your body. Don't know exactly bud, sorry.

Salty, are you still employed?

If not did the VA make any statement as to TDIU consideration?

Salty, are you still employed?

If not did the VA make any statement as to TDIU consideration?

Hello Berta,

Yes I am still employed, and the VA made no statements as to TDIU consideration. Also, I would like to work as long as possible, as I know one day my disabillities will get the best of me and prevent that from occurring.Just this past Tuesday I received a call from QTC to be scheduled for a C&P exam for lumbar strain.