VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

I just received an email in response to a request for my in service records. To my surprise, I found that the only records related to my medical history in service are my entrance exam and the top sheet to my exit exam. The rest of the file is just SRB stuff. How does this effect my ability to provide proof of service connection for everything?

Also, one more hitch is: I came home from Iraq in August 2003 and was discharged (on terminal leave) just a few weeks after my return. My EAS was 9-11-2013 (wierd I know), so that didn't leave much time to evaluate what was wrong with me. Either way, there are no records to find. I have been trying for the past 8 years, roughly.

I am starting to collect more paperwork to help ease these claim processes, but this is a huge piece of the puzzle I'm missing. I don't know how I have gotten as far as I've gotten without them, but I'm not one to complain.

All that, for this: what do I do? Are there any other avenues of approach for these records or do I just leave it be and see what happens?

Thanks a bunch.

-Mario

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You can also submit requests online at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html

I submitted my request for my husband's service personnel records online, and faxed them my signature and copy of my husband's death certificate.

I received an acknowledgement of my request by email, and received the records a few weeks later.

You can also submit requests online at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html

I submitted my request for my husband's service personnel records online, and faxed them my signature and copy of my husband's death certificate.

I received an acknowledgement of my request by email, and received the records a few weeks later.

I've tried that one first and every time I get a response that they can't find them, to contact my last duty station.

This is a link on reconstructing lost medical service records:

http://www.cufon.org/CRG/CRG/Lostmeds.html

LOST HEALTH RECORDS

1. Marine Corps. If the lost record is a Marine Corps fiche record, obtain the master fiche from CPR through the Marine Corps Liaison Office and duplicate. (Do notrequest a Navy, Army, or Air Force master fiche for this purpose as it does not include a health record.)

Edited by free_spirit_etc