VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chiropractor Opinion In Addition To Fdc Claim

Rate this question

Mont36

Question

Went today and received the chiropractor opinion relating to secondary conditions. She stated that it is more than likely than not that my back condition(lumbago) is due to flat feet and she goes on to say how flat feet causes body joints to be misaligned and pain to travel through joints such as knees(Pes anserinus bursitis).I had a orthopedic doctor state whether it was more than likely than not the same as she stated and he wrote it up as well. Is this good enough to go forward with claim? Also Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction was diagnosed. Could I do a FDC if I have everything I need as far as evidence? And could I tell them to rate based on evidence I submit instead of getting an exam when I file a new claim?

Mont36,

It sounds like you have already done a lot of preparation. I don't know much about FDCs, but I know that meghp knows a lot about them. He's got a lot of wisdom in that area.

Good luck with your FDC!

Edited by free_spirit_etc

S63,

I thought you said the VA granted you secondary for kidney cancer based on articles you sent them connecting kidney cancer to Hep-C - with no exam and no doctor's statement. So I don't know why you would think the VA could not give secondary connection to someone who has two medical opinions in their favor, without sending them for a C&P.

I don't mean to generate an argument about how they didn't rate it correctly, as this is someone else's thread and is about someone else's claim.

I am just saying you should know the VA can grant secondary service connection without a C&P if the evidence in favor of granting it is strong enough. They did it in your case.

I would file the FDC bud along with the Evidence, and let the VA make up their mind. In some ways the VA has low balled me, but also I was given 30% for Migraines and 30% for Scars with no C&P. I did not even know to ask for it, the VA looked in all my medical records and found sufficient evidence. Good luck and keep us updated.

Thank you Navy04, free_spirit_etc, and meghp for your input throughout this long journey within the wonderful VA. I have to fight for what I feel I deserve so me going to different doctors ie, chiropractor,orthopedic is something I did and put a lot of time and therapy in these treatments I received.

Good luck with your claim! And keep up with the treatment. Hopefully, you will be able to slow some of the progression. Chronic back pain is no fun at all. :(