VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Md Statements: Opinions

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Guest jstacy

I have been reading the board and have come across the following.

You have a MD statement that says it is at least as likely as not, is most likely, was due to.

I received a SC for a least as likely as not ( 50 percent sure)

I have 2 C@P opinion from MD not NP that state most likely. (75 percent)

I have 1 from same doctor that says was due to. (100 percent)

I have no decision because this has been going from the rating team to the development team back and forth. I feel confident I am going to win, But they are really messing with these claims.

Has anyone ever been denied and had a MD statement at the least as likely and and over opinion?

Edited by jstacy

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I think an IMO is critical if you have been turned down or low balled by VA. I paid $ 125 for my first IMO and it got me 30%. My second one by same Doc cost $ 300 was 4 pages long and got me 100% P&T.

I don't think that many will have a proper claim without Independent support. Think about it the hacks the VA uses certainly would not have a lot of confidence overrulling real Doctors. Sorry just my opinion but even if it only creates a benefit of doubt the Vet still wins.

A good place to look would be to get a referral drom Socail Security Lawyers in my opinion. You also need to take copies of your Medical Records so the Doc can see if there is anything in it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I paid a psychiatrist that used to work for the VA $250 for an IMO and the IMO completely turned my claim around and I got TDIU. The IMO also basically revised the history of my disability. The VA accepted the fact that I had been misdiagnosed with a personality disorder in the military and that I was acutally suffering from a bona fide mental disorder. Based on this I have considered asking for a medical discharge with pay since I was kicked out for having a personality disorder. Best $250 I ever spent.

• HadIt.com Elder

VIKE17

People could be having confusion becuse the VA has changed their processes and forms.

In 2001 I got a form letter from the VA that advised the doctor to make an assessment more likely than not etc. The form letter made no mention of any other development of logic and did not even require that the doctor list the reports he read. It did mention that I should take a copy of the SMR report that I felt was the basis of my cuurrent condition. It was my understanding that this letter was necessary prior to the VA scheduling a c&p exam.

More recently I have heard that the VA now has a form for the doctors to use that includes areas for their logic and listings of the medical documents they reviewed. Are you aware of this form and do you know how to get it? I have suggested that folks take this new form with them to an IMO.

Istacy

The doctor must mention the reports in the SMR that are linked to your post service condition. Additionally, the doctor must indicated how the diagnosis was made. They can not base your diagnosis on unsupported subjective recollections of what occured in the military. Some exception are allowed for PTSD, combat injuries and presumptive disorders. Many IMO's not familiar with the VA system will make diagnoses based on what you tell them occurred in the military. You need to find written reports. medical tests, personnel records etc for the basis of any opinion made by an IMO. See above and find out if the VA uses a new form for the nexus letters.

post-154-1157084510_thumb.jpgHoppy, It is electronic and I just happen to have one. Let me edit it and I will post one for everyone to see. Edited by jstacy