VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long For Tdiu Decisons?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

how long for TDIU decisions? 3, 6, 9, months longer? depends on the workload of each office and state etc? thanx

if your in dire straights you can request a hardship expediation. if your unable to pay utilities are losing your house , you can get a congressional liason to call the va, and request it. you will meet with a liason at your local congresspersons office, and they have a form you fill out.

Some guys on here got IU, and it took them over 5 years. We are all so tired of waiting. Every other article about how the VA is jammed up and not doing their job, it doesn't matter if the VA still takes their sweet time about our claims. Bad enough they low ball us in the beginning, and then we have to fight for years what we should have gotten from the start. Good luck and God Bless to all.

Yes it just shows you where this countrys priorities are. They can have a division on the ground anywhere in the world in 48 hrs, battle rattle ready, but they cant sort thru a box of medical records, and with the help of a multi million dollar computer system, decide a veterans claim.

The money has been appropriated already

Congressional oversight committees need to be given more power, to enforce the laws governing veterans issues.

Simply calling for a congressional investigation, and having the heads of the va, sit there and lie, deny, and appease, with hollow promises, is not changing anything. They have been calling for Hickeys resignation because they said they caught her perjuring herself before congress. Yet she sits and collects bank. They should have the ability to fire, any staff positions from the regional office heads, to the secretary Shensheki himself. Some of the GS levels at the RO make 65 to 95 thousand dollars a year. plus bonuses.

that is alot of money to be a dud.

this is my opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

It took me about 18 months to get TDIU after I became unemployable. I got SSDI before I got TDIU. I even got federal worker's compensation before TDIU and OWCP is a real bastard. They make the VA look like Santa Claus. I waited three years to get my OWCP claim accepted via a trip to the top appeal level.