VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long For Tdiu Decisons?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

how long for TDIU decisions? 3, 6, 9, months longer? depends on the workload of each office and state etc? thanx

Not much to add but encourage all to read my posts under OIF/OEF Veterans...Meaningful change starts with us!

LC

my case is so complicated...... I did file for hardship, because the disease(s) I suffer from are not only intolerable... but also can kill a person without notice or just let them linger... but to much to re-hash... the only reason is my case has not gone to appeals is because everything I filed tied up at regional office.. then I moved to another state, and my ne claim rep sees things a little differently then the old claim rep... so they are looking at the outcome of TDIU,,, which they only decided to file after 5 years of in the appeal process in another state... short answer,,, I suppose is yes... but the VA never acknowledged it's hardship... but the doctors and surgeons at the VA definitely did...

My prognosis while hospitalized and at release: 'poor'

when they released me they state your overall health... they said they could no longer do anything for me, and only time will till what's next...

I lost the ability to work in early 1990's...

SSDI was granted 1995.

Edited by retiredat44

I'll be praying you get a decision in the near future. I completely understand your frustration and what it's like to be in that situation. If you honestly believe you have done everything in your power to help your case then try to put it in God's hands. Easier said than done.

One day at a time brother...Please hang tough. You have our support here at Hadit.

LC

I suppose it will be around April or May of 2014 for a TDIU decision (that would be around 200 days), after that the rest of the claims will finally go the appeal stage... but until all claims are either ok'd or denied, they will not move to appeals... in a way it is my fault for having so many open claims that were denied.. the later claims holding up the early claims,, as they all must be in the same stage of the process. So, as soon as TDIU is determined (officially filed November 2013) then all of my claims can move to the next step where they can bundle them for the appeals board. Also, my claims originated in Southern California. The TDIU is the first of my 8 claims that is in another state. But having claims filed in more than one State should have no bearing. Not sure what the backlog is for Oregon. it has to be better than California, one would think.

Edited by retiredat44

I wonder if anyone else here is in Oregon? is it normal for the VA in Oregon to be as slow as in California? I find that pretty bad if it is the same everywhere... California should set the benchmark for F'd up and slow...