VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New: Update Dependents Online Now

Rate this question

OIFVet

Question

Well, my claim, like others, processed without my dependency status...

I submitted on ebenefits an updated form through the upload documents in the claim section and also mailed the form. Neither seemed to gain traction.

Well, I recently noticed a new feature on ebenefits. There is a section now for the purpose of updating dependents. Two ways to get to it once logged in: Click on Apply for Benefits > Add Dependents OR Click on View My Status > General > View Open or Submitted Applications

I did this and it was processed in less that 24 hours and my monthly payment amount in my benefit letter online is updated to the correct amount. Now to see if and when the retro dependent pay comes...

I've seen others with comments about dependent issues so hopefully this might help you!

Hi, I am new here to this site.

I have a question, if my daughter does not currently reside with me, does this matter in my dependency claim - am I still entitled to the dependency payment for her?

She is 17 years old now and a junior in High School, and will be 18 as a Senior, do I need documentation for the dependency claim online process mentioned here to continue her benefits once she turns 18?

And once she goes to college what do I need to show the VA that she is in college?