VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Says: Va-Form 21-8940 Has Not Been Submitted.

Rate this question

JamesPT

Question

Just received letter from VARO denying claim for "Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability". The letter states: Did not submit VA-Form 21-8940 as evidence not received. I am very confused as I submitted the form via certified letter on 04/11/2012; I have the signed receipt of Varo receiving it. I submitted the form immediately after a DRO Hearing held a few days after the hearing. My question is? Are multiple (VA Form 21-8940) forms supposed to be submitted for claim process? If that is the case then I am in the dark. I thought one form to be sufficient for TDIU claim process. During hearing in April 2012 and upon reviewing evidence at hand RO recommended I go with TDIU claim due to PTSD condition and service connected injuries. My VSO thought her recommendation to be a good idea, so we filled out Form 21-8940 and submitted it. Since then everything is in disarray; I have been through additional C&P exams, 6 in total or should I say12 since C&P have been for PTSD and for service connected injuries. If additional forms for TDIU were to be submitted then I was ignorant of it. If that is the case then now I'm back to square one. Opinions regarding this issue are welcomed. Thanks.

Jim

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Nod that decision and show them proof you sent it. Call an attorney and sick them on the idiots.

They usually do this on purpose as you are one of many who have posted the same thing here over the years.

So that proves it is not a mistake but is intentional.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

I would take a trip to the VARO and show them your evidence. Then file the NOD. It is probably sitting in your C-File under their nose. Things like this have happened to me many times at St. Pete VARO.

I posted on here a couple days ago that one of the higher ups at my RO said people should double check and make sure their RO got their form because they are learning of lots of vets (up in the thousands) forms didn't make it into VAs computer system. He said when VA put "the new health care" (obama care) in their system, it kicked back thousands of vets forms. Now whether that's true or not, I don't know but anyone that sent in that form should make sure they have it in the system.

• HadIt.com Elder

I sent in employment questionnaire about two weeks ago so I better call again to make sure they got it. I got proof in form of "proof of mailing" and a copy of the form. What would Obama care have to do with VA compensation benefits. The VA lies so much they will tell you anything. If it is true then the VA should assume all forms were sent in on time and not the otherwise.

I agree John. I didn't understand it either but that's what he told me. This happened to me and it took 10 months to fix and that was one of the excuses I got as to why it happened. I would check to make sure just to be safe.