VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused About Dates Moving Backward

Rate this question

jfarr22384

Question

I submitted my first claim consisting of 5 contentions Nov 2012, I had 3 C&P exams in Nov 2013 now when I checked my claim status the projected completion date went from Aug 2014 to Sept 2015. I noticed on my contentions that concussions was added as a new claim, but I had nothing to do with that on my part. Can someone provide input as to what is going on. The claim also moved from "Review of evidence" to "Gathering Evidence" phase. My RO is in Waco, Texas. Thanks in advance for the help

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Don't worry about the dates, or the back movement of status. Mine did the same thing. Don't believe everything you see on E-Benefits , sometimes their wrong.

Mine did the same thing, then a few months later Bang it was done.

So, don't worry about the movement.

Semper FI

My claim did the same thing recently, it jumped to Nov 2015. Just wait and see what they say. Waco is my RO too, and they are not worth a flip.

just to add what has already been stated, the ebenefits site is often inaccurate and the dates listed are for internal purposes only. If they go by a date, they just use another suspense date.

when the raters review your claim, if they find something missing, they will send it back to development. In the course of your claim, if it's not a fully developed claim, your claim can bounce back and forth several times. Don't worry though, just find a hobby, keep yourself busy and keep yourself off the ebenefit site and you will be ok

I too am learning about this jfarr. Nothing we can do. Apparently a decision was made on mine at the start of Dec, however my claim has managed to move all the way back to review of evidence with a projected close out date at the end of this year. I've given up on it for now. Good luck to you, it will happen some day!

[quotge name=jfarr22384" post="325231" timestamp="1389062569]I submitted my first claim consisting of 5 contentions Nov 2012, I had 3 C&P exams in Nov 2013 now when I checked my claim status the projected completion date went from Aug 2014 to Sept 2015. I noticed on my contentions that concussions was added as a new claim, but I had nothing to do with that on my part. Can someone provide input as to what is going on. The claim also moved from "Review of evidence" to "Gathering Evidence" phase. My RO is in Waco, Texas. Thanks in advance for the help