VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied On Depression.

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

Just got off the phone with my DAV POA, in which he informed me I was denied. He explained they looked at it as a single traumatic event or diagnoses from the military, not as a secondary to my TBI, in which my mental health practitioner clearly stated and which I have 45 pages of supporting evidence stating exactly that. The rep from the DAV told me it was written up wrong. He is talking with the rater as we speak to change it. I'm pretty upset.

The DAV called me back. He is going to talk to the rater and specify that I want the claim considered as a secondary to my TBI. Wouldn't the VA consider that in the first place, especially considering that all the evidence I submitted was specifically about that? I'm glad I called when I did though. On ebenefits it still shows me on prep for decision. He said he would call me as soon as he gets word. Where do I go from here?

wait until your vso gets back with you. you really can not do anything anyways until you receive your rating decision.

sometimes, a claim can be walked back down the hall to the senior rater and explain the issues and they will get it taken care of.

Hope that's the case. I even asked him if I needed to submit more evidence. He said I had plenty. My question is why do I, or any veteran have to call and make sure everything is in the level? Isn't that our reps job? I mean seriously.