VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Was Called By Vso That Dro Said Appeal Will Be Complete By End Of The Month. Whats Next ?

Rate this question

mike6113

Question

Hey guys new to site, have seen some great info and thank you. I was notified by my VSO today that my DRO told them that my appeal now 5 yrs. old will be done by the end of this month . What happens next ? Does it go to the rater and if so is this another lengthy process. Had DRO hearing Aug 19 2013. It is at the NYC metro VA.

4 answers to this question

Hi Mike and welcome! My appeal was mainly at bva for 7 years. Today I received my yellow envolope. The bva aproved to have my case reopened but now it is at the remand stage at the amc for who knows how long but it was good news to me to have it reopened. As for you to get a call and saying it will be complete by the end of the month is great, if it happens and I hope it dose for you. If the dro aproves your appeal thats awlsome. If not your next stage I assume will to appeal it to the bva. Good luck to you for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mike...Welcome!

Might be reading too much into your screen name but were you a helicopter mechanic by chance? We could use some more "rotorhead" people here at Hadit!! If not...still nice to have you aboard.

LC

Hey guys new to site, have seen some great info and thank you. I was notified by my VSO today that my DRO told them that my appeal now 5 yrs. old will be done by the end of this month . What happens next ? Does it go to the rater and if so is this another lengthy process. Had DRO hearing Aug 19 2013. It is at the NYC metro VA.

The DRO has the authority to make the decision/s, request additional information or C&P exam/s.

Perhaps there's already enough there for a decision to be made.

I would not necessarily count on having resolve by the end of this month, but do hope it happens

for you.

Even after the decision is made there are some internal steps that need to be completed and then

your notification should be mailed to you.

At this point all you can do is keep waiting.

jmho