VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Benzos For Ptsd

Rate this topic

yeah. i am on haldol, ativan, tramadol and hydrocodone. honestly i despise haldol and tramadol. i stopped taking my haldol. doctor took me off of it today actually. i found out va doesnt bill medicaid. honestly, i like medicaid more. I am on SSDI and my state automatically gives you a medical card. so, i might stop seeing these quacks at the vamc and get squared away with a private doc.

Being on SSDI and Medicare - You're right. As soon as you qualify for SSDI you get FREE Medicare Part A. This more or less entitles you to hospital benefits ONLY. You must decide if you want Medicare Part B and notify Social Security. There is an easy form to fill out and they will take approximately $100 out of your monthly SSDI benefit check to pay the premium each month automatically. Many here on Hadit highly recommend doing this and after my own personal research, I tend to agree!

I don't feel a need for Medicare Part D as I get all my prescriptions through the VA. Your situation may differ so do your research. The Ssa.gov website is loaded with info to help.

Just wanted to clarify.

LC

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I would keep getting treatment at the VA for any SC condition. You can also get treatment from private doctors. The VA often assumes that if you are not getting treatment at the VA (or somewhere) on a regular basis you are getting better or you no longer have a disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know VA has also used Neurontin for treating PTSD and bipolar. This is really off label. The VA can use anything off label if it saves them a buck, but if you do it they get excited. I used Adderall for excess sleepiness due to apnea and I was reported to my PCP by the lab and they made a big deal out of it. The VA would rather I fall asleep in traffic and have a wreck.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Although many on Hadit are familiar with medications I don't know of any of us qualified to give medical advice except to warn don;t change anything wothout consulting a Doc. If you don't trust your Doc find another one

• 2 weeks later...