VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Spine Exam Tomorrow, Have Questions...

Rate this question

Sagacious

Question

I have an L5-S1 disc bulge with facet arthritis, I am currently rated 10% for "middle back strain", but I did an appeal because they didn't include the bulged disc in their findings. so, I am essentially asking them include the "buldged disc" to my rating, i included that evidence in my original claim when they gave me my "middle back strain" rating, but they just overlooked the lower back L5-S1 bulge and only gave me the "middle back strain" determination. I did an appeal and asked for a C&P exam this time, they didn't do one before.

so, i have been reading the C&P spine exam paperwork and i have some questions on the ROM "exercises", for example...what exactly is an extension? does anyone have a pictoral guide or video to describe the things they will have me doing? maybe a picture of what a normal ROM is for a given "exercise"?

also, I don't have any cervical spine issues but for the Thorocolumbar rom test I notice the individual degrees for each exercise...and they will be combined to a maximum of 240. does anyone know what the minimum combined number for (thorocolumbar rom) to be considered disabled? be it...10%, 20%, etc? Let me know if am being unclear in any of this.... I just want to be really informed before tomorrow.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Sag,

I had MRIs last week on my Shoulder and both knees. Well I also had a Cat scan of my stomach for my Crohn's to see how bad it is. I just read my MRI results in Healthevet and it says that I have Degenerative anterior superior endplate depression is seen in L3 vertrebal. Wow, this showed up on Belly scan, I am curious what will show up if the VA requests a MRI of my back. When I retired from the Navy last year, the VA just took an Xray of my back, and did not even look at me. The Doc said, " You are 30, well built and look fine to me", WTH. VA said that my back was not service connected, Lol! Sorry I rambled again, good luck tomorrow and hope it goes good for the both of us.

Thanks navy04, seemed like my c&p went well. I called the regional office and asked for a copy of the results. He was actually able to pull the exam results up the next day after the exam and read them to me (for the most part). He said he's never seen results signed over and released that quickly. He said from the examiners wording, it sounds like he is in favor of the increase. How'd yours go?