VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thailand Claim Approved 100% Herbicide Presumptive

Rate this topic

jcolwell

First to thank Berta and several of you for advice and support during the dark days of my claim. Briefly: VSO called this am to advise 100 % P and T for IHD with AICD. They are working on the math in DC. . With Berta help we filed a CUE in Oct 2013 since VA DRO did not address the AICD in the IHD claim.

The retro will go back to 8/2010. I was jet engine mechanic in Udorn 1970 and located my colonel who wrote letter to support my claim.

Berta , we used the CUE template that you shared so thank you. I am a RN and have been working on my husband claim for Thailand herbicide exposure since 4/2011. I still have a lot of work to do to get him approved for his secondary chronic renal disease and SC for GERD.

Regards Patsy and Jim :ohmy:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations JC. I'm so happy when a Thai vet wins his or hers agent orange explosure claaim. Hopefully sometime in the furture the VA will admit that herbicides was also used on the interior of the bases. I don't know about the other bases but there was nothing green at Korat and Camp Friendship.

Phillip; what base were you at and what was your MOS.

Rick

jcolwell - Very happy to hear of your success. Sorry it took so long for the VA to recognize your husband's condition was a result of his service in Thailand. I hope you both have a chance to enjoy the hard earned compensation and wish you the best moving forward. I have the utmost respect for all veterans, especially the one's our govt has forgotten about. Congratulations!

LC

Patsy and Jim.....I am SO HAPPY For you both.....

And glad that you followed my GCY template (Go Cue Yourself VA template....)

because if the VA makes a CUE they CAN correct it fast.

Maybe a good idea to save some of that retro, if you should need an IMO for the secondary conditions.

But ENJOY some of the retro First!

This is wonderful news and Patsy, thank you so much for helping your hubby.!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use