VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial Disability Claims Denied

Rate this question

deviusroach

Question

Hello,

I have a question regarding the claim I just filed and am hoping I can get some help. A little background on myself I was a EOD tech in the active duty army from 03-08 and I then joined the army reserves from 09-11.

During my time in active duty I never went to sick call or discussed any issues I may have had due to fearing my removal from the EOD community, I did not start seeking assistance for my issues until 2010 through the va.

I filed for ptsd and brain damage which i was awarded 70% for ptsd and 0% for brain damage. I do not have any issues with their determination as I feel this does accurately portray my moods and habits for the past few years.

I also filed for lower back pain, right knee problems, sleep apnea and tinittus, all of which were denied due to the va determining they were not service connected. I completed multiple MRI's for my back, which I have arthritis and bone spurs as well as degenerate disk disease all of which cause constant pain in my back. I was told by my doctor could have been caused from my time in the army. I also completed a MRI for my knee which I have yet to receive an explanation on why I am having knee pain. I completed the sleep study and was advised I do have sleep apnea. I have also been receiving sleeping pills to help me go to sleep from the va since 2010 as it takes me a few hours to go to sleep. Due to my exposures to explosions as a EOD tech I would have assumed tinittus was a gimme. Although I did not seek medical attention for these issues when I was in active duty I did start receiving treatment for them in 2010, while I was still in the reserves.

When I submitted my claim all I had on me was my dd214 from active duty and a few documents from my personal doctor outside the va but the documents did not connect my back issues to the army, I also did not have any information for my reserve time. My va representative at the time told me not to worry about it, the va would pull all files including the dd214 (not sure if same form) for my time in the reserves. What I am concerned about is that maybe the va did not pull my reserve information and are basing the denial on my active duty time only. I am not sure if I want to appeal as I do not want my ptsd rating to drop yet I feel they incorrectly denied my other claims.

What should I do?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet