VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Federal Workman's Comp & Tdiu

Rate this question

jdman

Question

Well let me start this off by saying... I hope I didn't screw myself.

I am 90% SC(70% Depression, 60% CFS, 30% GERD/IBS, and 10% Hypothyroidism). I am also currently a federal employee on Workman's Comp for PTSD for tours in Iraq/Afghanistan. I have been on OWCP since Sept 2011. Been told by multiple OWCP doctors that I am totally disabled and unable to return to work.

I recently filed for IU along with an increase in Hypothyroidism and a few secondary conditions. I am trying to get to 100% like everyone else. I hope I didn't screw myself for filing for IU since I still currently have a job even though I have not worked since 2011. I filed for IU because my doctors consider both of my conditions(Depression and PTSD) as comorbid conditions and they cannot differentiate the symptoms. My VA psychiatrist lists them as both Axis I.

Just need some advice. I went for C&P on Monday for my IU. Basically the VA psychologist told me i am very screwed up and he referred me to Suicide Prevention. Did I make a mistake?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jd

I think you will get there. Do you have a good private doctor who will write opinions for you? If you are at 93% you need another 40-50 odd percent to get to 100% due to VA math. The VA considers you as 7% able bodied. 40% of 7 is 2.8% that gets you over 95% and they round up to 100%. I think you just have to deal with VA and OWCP as it comes. The bigger they are the harder they fall. When I worked for the feds I got a bunch of physical injuries so I got the SA's.

John