VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Husbands Toe Pain

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi All,

My husband wanted to me to write in to let you know that he's HADIT! His primary dr. is out and hopefully a better is in. He has put in for a new primary care dr. because of the ongoing problems with the current one. Her lastest was this.....Dr. SOand SO called me this afternoon. Told me she could not prescribe Tramadol because it would conflict with my depression medicine. ( I wonder if it was Welbutrin or that %&%#$ she put me on) I asked for anything else. She told me to take Ibuprofin and that I had an appointment with the pain clinic. I asked, ?So, I guess I?ll just have to stay in pain until then??

After that, I called the TAP again, and canceled my N0v 20 appointment with Singh. They asked for a reason, I told them I was not going to see THAT Dr. again!

Let the folks at HADIT.COM know about this if you will. Because, I have HADIT!

This dr. has been nothing but a pain in the you know what...The first visit, she told him "she was tired of all the people coming there for government handouts."

When he needed her to write that his toe would bend before the screwed up surgery...she would not do it and yelled at him in the process....

Thanks for listening or reading,

sbrewer

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Hi All,

My husband wanted to me to write in to let you know that he's HADIT! His primary dr. is out and hopefully a better is in. He has put in for a new primary care dr. because of the ongoing problems with the current one. Her lastest was this.....Dr. SOand SO called me this afternoon. Told me she could not prescribe Tramadol because it would conflict with my depression medicine. ( I wonder if it was Welbutrin or that %&%#$ she put me on) I asked for anything else. She told me to take Ibuprofin and that I had an appointment with the pain clinic. I asked, ?So, I guess I?ll just have to stay in pain until then??

After that, I called the TAP again, and canceled my N0v 20 appointment with Singh. They asked for a reason, I told them I was not going to see THAT Dr. again!

Let the folks at HADIT.COM know about this if you will. Because, I have HADIT!

This dr. has been nothing but a pain in the you know what...The first visit, she told him "she was tired of all the people coming there for government handouts."

When he needed her to write that his toe would bend before the screwed up surgery...she would not do it and yelled at him in the process....

Thanks for listening or reading,

sbrewer

This is no way for any Dr. to act towards thier patients. I would go to the Medical Center Director.

"she was tired of all the people coming there for government handouts"

This VA doctor should be canned-

Write to the VAMC director first and complian about this-

if nothing happens then

write to the Inspector General-VA-

Department of Veterans Affairs

VA Office of Inspector General Hotline (53E)

P.O. Box 50410

Washington, D.C. 20091-0410

And send a copy of the letter to the VAMC medical director-

• HadIt.com Elder

Call the number obn your prescription bottle punch 0 and ask to talk to a Patient Rep. They may be able to help.

Thanks everyone for your response. I don't know what he's going to do, but he does work there too. He actually passes this woman in the hall occasoinally, so you think she'd be a little nicer. Would it do any good to report a dr. if it's your word against theirs?

Thanks,

sbrewr

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, it would. Because if she treats ALL or at least any more of her patients this way, then it probably won't be JUST your husband's word against her's, but, maybe several other's words, also.

Heck, if nothing else, just complain for the therapy of it. B)