VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lodging At Dod Facilities For Tdiu Veterans

• HadIt.com Elder

HR 1960 was supposed to be part of the Defnse Bill signed by the resident at 1600 Penn in DC.However, Due to Politics, it never made it to the final bill so us disabled veterans can continue to drive long distances on our own nickell.

I guess if we raise enough hell, something may change.

Now for the good news. If you have a form 2765 or Tan ID card that says DAV on it, yiou are entitled to use commissaries, exchanges, base privleges and DOD Camping / Lodging facilities.

J

Loose Cannon,Please look at question 41 from your first link.Papa

Ok. What's the point? You have to be retired or active duty (with family member exceptions). Am I missing something?

LC

• HadIt.com Elder

You have a retired ID card then you are eligible to fly. Who ever told you were not is full of bull. I suggest you call them on it.

LC posted some good info for folks to read.

J

Loose Cannon,

When, I posted about the Terminal people telling me that the Non-Retired Disabled Veteran did not qualify for free flights. Your post may it seem like the Terminal people did not know what they were talking about. I may have miss read your post. But, it is what it is.

Papa

Loose Cannon,

When, I posted about the Terminal people telling me that the Non-Retired Disabled Veteran did not qualify for free flights. Your post may it seem like the Terminal people did not know what they were talking about. I may have miss read your post. But, it is what it is.

Papa

As someone who has flown on many of these flights, I offered you my best answers. And I listed a few official sites for you to further research matters at your leisure. I simply stated that the person who provided you the info you were told "wasn't as clear as they could have been."

Go back and read my post. No harm, no foul...issue closed, ok?

LC