VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need A Battle Plan.

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

I sent a letter of reconsideration in and was put on Administrative Review. On e bennies it says Under Review. I have been told when you file a NOD, you are on a time table with the VA. My question is, is it the same with a letter of reconsideration? Am I now on the clock? I just want to make sure I don't forfeit any options because I miss a timetable I'm not aware of. Any help on suggesting a next move would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"You can request an extension of the NOD time limit, and I could see that the VA is reconsidering could be a good reason for an extension, but I wouldn't trust VA to process anytype of request in a timely manner (standard or non-standard)."

There is info here on requesting an extension of a NOD deadline

I haven't heard a word since I posted that on the claim and extension request I made.

I did file a timely NOD but wanted to see how they would handle this.

My argument was ,since there was a CUE in their decision, that hinders my ability to properly prepare a NOD, ao therefore if they fix the CUE, the NOD issue is moot.

I explained it more in that post.

Personally I think a vet or survivor would have to be practically on life support for VA to consider that as a "good cause"to grant an extension on the NOD deadline.

A Recon Request does not stop the NOD clock

Edited by Berta