VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Being Told The Nod Was Never Received

Rate this question

eg1970

Question

My father filed a Notice of Disagreement on September 4th. 2013. We checked ebenefits but it said that he didn't have an appeal. He called the DAV guy a month ago and he said that we should hear something soon.

My father called the VA 2 weeks ago and they said they never received it and it's now too late to appeal but on the ebenefits website it shows that they received it on September 17th.

Does anybody know how to proceed?

Thanks

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We agree on that one! IRIS has been the most useful but still, vets often get "computer generated, canned answers that often dodge the questions we submit. Persistence and following-up with additional IRIS questions is a must to get specific questions answered. And still, they dodge providing specific answers.

I would think many like you would welcome the proposal to overhaul the VA's current claim system at http://www.veteranwarriors1.com and to lead the veterans of our country toward real & meaningful reform - which is sorely needed. Instead, you shoot the messengers...

Respectfully Submitted,

Loose Cannon

LC,

I see from many of your posts that you seem to be a bit enamored with the veteran warriors.

Most claimants that have been in the VBA's system for many decades, have seen so many

organizations come in with their big stories of - we will save you all . . . yada . . yada,

until laws change, the fighting will have to continue.

This organization only has the ability to ADD to what other groups have been working on for many years -

they are not our savior,just another tiny part and tool, on the road to some reforms.

jmho

eg1970,

Sorry for the off topic.

Asknod - Instead of picking apart your massive metaphores, insults, and inuendos I've decided to take the high road one last time before calmly writing you off as part of the problem.

I can't force anyone to read the information contained on http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

Too bad - because if you had you would see Lauren Price has laid out a very detailed step-by-step plan that if acted upon, could very well change the lives of veterans & their families for many years to come.

So what is your motivation to discredit any grass root organization that calls for change such as hers? Perhaps it is the fact that you stand to lose a lot of money on the book deal you have. That's right. After your own claim was completed you decided to capitalize on it by having a book published. Your book has since received very poor reviews by several respected members here on this website alone, not to mention many others - Go back and read their comments for yourself. Not very flattering.

So if the VA claim system is in fact overhauled, like many vets are calling for, your book sales would be outdated & irrelevant.

You may have had a distinguished military career with many hard-earned decorations. I don't question that. Like several of my Hadit family brothers & sisters, I too have medals with the combat "V" on them. Most of us don't place ourselves on a pedestal as you did with your above barrage of chest pounding and demoralizing comments. We just did our job and came home (most of us - only with the grace of God) to a system that is broken and struggling at best to keep up with our claims.

You like to use fancy words to express yourself. Many vets are tired of fancy words. We get them all the time from the VA...from lawyers...and from politicians. Talk is cheap. Action speaks much louder Sir...Asknod...or Buckwheat as you so aptly signed your post.

Maybe it's you who should reexamine YOUR approach and give our proposed change a look. Or are there other reasons you care to disclose as to why you won't lead, follow, or simply get out of our way?

just sayin'

LC

Carlie - Don't even know how to respond to your comments. I expected more out of a moderator.

yada, yada, yada?? Really?

You bet I'm "enamored" with a group like Lauren's. I'm very proud to stand by her and seek to improve the mess of a system we have today for those who come after me. You want to throw up the white flag, go ahead.

Never said we would "save you all" as you stated above. The goal is to improve the system. Ah, but you've "been there & done that" and it didn't work so nobody else should try?

I respectfully disagree. I'm willing to put my existing claim in peril to make my stand and voice my concerns. Don't think for a minute I don't think someone from the VA is lurking on the site, reading my comments and wants me silenced.

Let the chips fall where they may. The cause is bigger than any $$ the VA owes me.

Thanks for your encouraging words as usual.

LC

sometimes the topics we discuss, can get very passionate, because they are so important, ,to all of us. lets view the information here, in a positive, constructive manner. dont take it as a personal attack. its not. its just men speaking openly, and sometimes men disagree. (and woman).

carry on please.