VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Being Told The Nod Was Never Received

Rate this question

eg1970

Question

My father filed a Notice of Disagreement on September 4th. 2013. We checked ebenefits but it said that he didn't have an appeal. He called the DAV guy a month ago and he said that we should hear something soon.

My father called the VA 2 weeks ago and they said they never received it and it's now too late to appeal but on the ebenefits website it shows that they received it on September 17th.

Does anybody know how to proceed?

Thanks

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Roger on the fancy words, LC. Thanks for the heads up on that and the book reviews. Will refrain from discussions on 38 USC 1154(b) combat enhancement, too. Sure don't want anyone thinking I have a swelled head. Just for the record, I was kicked out on a General upon my return from Southeast Asia-hardly a distinguished military career. Did you get me confused with another ebennies Vet last week? Thank you for your service to America, too. And check your spell checker. No "e" at the end of metaphor and two "n"s in innuendo. If I ever make any money on the book I published before I lost at the BVA, I'll report back to you with the amount. Since I paid $6K out of pocket, I doubt I'll have to worry about getting rich on the back of Vets. As Tbird is fond of pointing out, "we tie our rafts together". I do admire your Kumbaya approach. I've never seen that technique employed. I will watch with interest. Best of luck.

a

cp

• HadIt.com Elder

Facts

#1The VA is totally screwed up when it comes to veteran's claims.

#2 It's been that way since at least the period just after WWII.

#3 Things got even worse during and after the Korean War.

#4 Then, sometime after, realizing that there were large numbers of aging

veterans, eligibility ruses and practices changed. "You are a vet, have a non service

connected problem, and since our budget was cut, the number of available beds has also been reduced."

(Go Away!)

#5 Vietnam Automatic denial with no explanation was common. Often, service medical records were not available

for several years.

#6 Vietnam Veterans got older, the problems they had been living with were exacerbated by age,

and often resulted in employability problems. Such things as heart problems related to A.O. exposure

were denied in the majority of cases, even when conditions that caused or aggravated heart problems were

service connected.

#7 The Mideast wars came along, and a multitude of medical problems arose, due to the environment, and long deployments.

The list goes on.

For instance, multiple studies, Blue Ribbon panels, and veterans organizations recommended changes.

Virtually none were implemented.

#8 the "computerization" fiasco is ongoing, and likely going to get much worse before things start improving.

This is based upon certain DOD efforts involving logistic data and digitization that showed how the actual scope and size of the

effort was grossly underestimated. It's quite obvious that the VA and DOD dropped the ball repeatedly.

I'd go on but it's too discouraging.

Thanks to those who took the time to reply to me via personal messages and emails. Nice to know so many "have my back" and agree.

This arrogant attitude is NOT reflective of this website, yet it is becoming more and more accepted it appears. Disregard jerks who act like this. You know who you are...and we know who you are. Just no place in society for that stuff and encouraging to see so many of you agree.

Let the haters hate. Moving on now...

LC

I'd have to disagree with this as the timely submission of a NOD DOES begin the appeal process,

to move onto BVA a form 9 will do the trick.

If you have a link that supports your info - please post it.

Carlie have you seen the new NOD form yet.

eg1970,

Sorry again for the off topic posts that have been made in regards to your post's

and questions / information.

This topic has been closed - not at all, due to anything you have posted.

If you would like some help feel free to start a new topic and, usually members

chime in with helpful information / guidance.

Unfortunately - your topic was trampled on - again, sorry this happened.

You are welcomed here.

carlie