VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

malandroaz

Question

Hello this is my first post on here but have been reading for sometime. I never filed anything with the VA for the fear of being kicked out for medical discharge but now I heard that this is rare in the army. I would like to file for the following injuries while on duty. Please give me pointers and what I should do before I file. Thanks

Knees

I injured both my knees while in the army and still in and have a permanent profile regarding PT test where I can only walk not run. The doctors said I have bilateral knee & Chondromalcia. I have knee pain a lot even when I am standing for long periods or sometimes just randomly. How much % should I expect from this disability?

Tinnitus

While I was officer school I was at the range. My instructor let me fire 8 times for that anyone else because I was the best he has seen. However, after firing (i was wearing cheap ear plugs they give you at the range) I had severe tinnitus in the ear. I could not hear anything for weeks and get ringing in the ears. Till this day I get ringing in the ears which has been 3 years later. How do I go about filing for tinnitus? I went and saw doctor while on active duty orders during training so it is documented (i have the docs for it). I heard 10% max you will get for this. What do I need to prove this?

High Blood Pressure

While I was in active duty I got treated for high blood pressure. Did EKG, the works. I did not have high blood pressure till I went into the army. What should I look for when filing? Any % to expect or reach for?

Shoulder Injury

I tore my shoulder while training and going to need surgery for it. (Happened 2 months ago) I have limited amount of motion as I cannot lift it to my side past half way. It literally hurts me to hold a cell phone and talk in that hand. The shoulder that hurts is my primary hand (right) and now I have to do everything with the left arm. Now my left arm being over used is getting irritated and sore. What should I do? File for primary injury shoulder and secondary for left army since it is now jacked up for using it all the time. My right arm I cannot lift anything more than a bag of groceries without discomfort.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

R u Active or Reserve Army? I was Medically retired last year from the Navy, Active almost 10 years, 5 deployments to OIF/OEF, Top Secret Clearance and they got rid of my real quick. I have PTSD, Crohn's, Knee surgeries on Both knees, high blood pressure and cholesterol, even though I am fit, 6'3 200, and eat a strict diet, mostly vegetables and fruit. I also have hearing loss and Tinnitus too. What I am saying is that I was a top guy, and once my health issues piled up, the Military decided to give me the boot. I wish you the best bud, give us some more info and keep us updated. God bless and hope you have a good weekend.

R u Active or Reserve Army? I was Medically retired last year from the Navy, Active almost 10 years, 5 deployments to OIF/OEF, Top Secret Clearance and they got rid of my real quick. I have PTSD, Crohn's, Knee surgeries on Both knees, high blood pressure and cholesterol, even though I am fit, 6'3 200, and eat a strict diet, mostly vegetables and fruit. I also have hearing loss and Tinnitus too. What I am saying is that I was a top guy, and once my health issues piled up, the Military decided to give me the boot. I wish you the best bud, give us some more info and keep us updated. God bless and hope you have a good weekend.

I am a reservist. Each injury was during training or active duty orders. Sorry to hear they bumped you out after all you gave. I guess the domain name to this is right "had it"

because you are a reservists, you are going to need a list of items; DD FM 214 (all); copy of all medical records; copy of all mobilization and de-mobilization orders and copy of all LOD's. You will need to review your medical records to obtain the dates of your diagnosis. These dates must be within the dates of your orders.

Complete a VA FM 21-526ez, this is a fully developed claim. Complete all blocks, if there is a block that doesn't pertain to you just put N/A in the block and ove on. Do not leave an empty block. On the second page there is a block where you will be required to list your bank information. This is for direct deposit of any award. Next, complete a VA FM 21-686c (if you are married and if you have children) You will need a copy of your marriage certificate and each birth certificate for your children. If you or your wife had a previous marriage, you will need to submit a copy of the marriage certificate and divorce decree/death certificate, which ever is applicable.

When you list your disabilities, start with block #1. bilateral knee condition; 2. tinnitus; 3. hypertension; 4. left shoulder condition. Remember, you need a diagnosis to submit a claim. Also, with your hypertension, are you taking medication? Your diastolic number (bottom number) has to be 100 or higher on 3 separate readings to receive compensation. This is with your medication, if prescribed. If you are currently on orders, you cannot submit a claim. If you are off, complete the documents and submit your claim with all documentation to support your claim to the VARO in your state. If you don't know where it is, go to the VA web site, hit the link for locations, click on your state to obtain the address. Mail the packet certified with a return receipt.

any other questions, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to assist!

I was prescribed blood pressure medicine but did not take it because fear of ED.

On block 10# Says VA treatment medical center (I never been to the VA before) My doctor visit have been on base Fort Sam Houston, TX and Luke Air Force Base and the rest at a civilian doctor. What should I put down for treatment center?

Thanks for all the help.