VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Iu, Confused About P&t

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

I filed a claim for IU and P & T. I received an award letter that state I was granted 100% IU, nothing about P&T, except that no future exams are scheduled. My VSO has no clue about the P&T, I called the 1-800 -827-1000 line and the woman said oh yes you are coded at P&T, I will send you a state benefit letter so you can use it for your taxes, etc. I received that letter today, it state permanent and total NO, I also received a letter to have an id card made that states no future exams scheduled. This all seems to contradict each other. Can anyone offer me some guidance? I have 2 kids in college and the Chapter 35 and ChampVa are super important!

• HadIt.com Elder

It is really confusing. Here is the real deal.

No future exams means that your condition is considered static by the VA with little or no chance for improvement.

That in regular english means you are permanent and total. You are entitled to the following: Chapter 35 education benefits ChampVA insurance for the family ,. Military ID card with Commissary and exxchange privleges. In addition, you can also use Federal facilities like SHades of Green, Military ticket offices like MWR tickets. ( Disney World has a great military offer)

These benefits are established ny your effective date and you have time limits to put in for back benefits like prescriptions and dr visits or school tuition.

Gongratulations. Your fight is nearing its end. Enjoy what you have acomplished.

Basser

I received that letter today, it state permanent and total NO, I also received a letter to have an id card made that states no future exams scheduled.

Sounds like someone got confused when they were typing the letters. Go to E benefits and try to print new letters.

I filed a claim for IU and P & T. I received an award letter that state I was granted 100% IU, nothing about P&T, except that no future exams are scheduled. My VSO has no clue about the P&T, I called the 1-800 -827-1000 line and the woman said oh yes you are coded at P&T, I will send you a state benefit letter so you can use it for your taxes, etc. I received that letter today, it state permanent and total NO, I also received a letter to have an id card made that states no future exams scheduled. This all seems to contradict each other. Can anyone offer me some guidance? I have 2 kids in college and the Chapter 35 and ChampVa are super important!

Sure does read that you are P&T.

Does the decision actually state something to the effect of

Total Disability for Individual Employability is granted which

compensates at the 100 percent level ?

The decision section states : Entitlement to individual unemployability is granted effective September 30, 2013.

The What We decided Section states: We granted entitlement to the 100% rate effective September 30, 2013, because you are unable to work because of your service connected disabilities.

No examiniation will be scheduled in the future.

Sounds like someone got confused when they were typing the letters. Go to E benefits and try to print new letters.

If I go onto ebenefits it does not have a choice for permanent and total, just receiving unemployability. I guess I was really hoping the no future exams scheduled has some significance, why else would they bother putting it on there? Also, my claim specifically asked for P and T, if they denied it are they not supposed to state a reason?

Did you receive a va form 21-8760?

E Benefit does not have a box for P & T. But you can print the letter and it should say if you are P & T or not.

Edited by pete992