VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Iu, Confused About P&t

Rate this question

seminoles

Question

I filed a claim for IU and P & T. I received an award letter that state I was granted 100% IU, nothing about P&T, except that no future exams are scheduled. My VSO has no clue about the P&T, I called the 1-800 -827-1000 line and the woman said oh yes you are coded at P&T, I will send you a state benefit letter so you can use it for your taxes, etc. I received that letter today, it state permanent and total NO, I also received a letter to have an id card made that states no future exams scheduled. This all seems to contradict each other. Can anyone offer me some guidance? I have 2 kids in college and the Chapter 35 and ChampVa are super important!

Finally figured out what is going on. My initial claim for IU and P and T was filed Jan. 2011, denied on August 2012, filed for reconsideration March 2013. The entire time the reconsideration was up on ebenefits it said Iu (reconsideration only) P & T When I just checked my closed claim the P and T is gone...........seems that I hadn't worded the reconsideration for the P and T to be included.........nicely played VA, nicely played.....seriously, they could have called and asked me, seeing as I was only awarded back pay to September of 2013, jerks.

Just wanted to send an update. I contacted my VSO at the regional office. He went to see the rater because he was confused about the chain of events, etc. The rater was out but he spoke to her supervisor, they decided that the claim needed to be looked at again. The regional office opened an administrative review (showed up in ebenefits). I received an email from my VSO this morning stating that they are awarding Chapter 35 benefits. WOOOHOOOO I had no idea that this could be done but am grateful that it was.