VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Updated Today

Rate this question

cbths1

Question

Hello,

My claim info was updated today on the ebenefits website and would like your opinion please.

As of this morning it shows the following:

Type of Claim: Compensation

Date Closed: 01/30/2014 (Today)

Updates: Appeal is Possible

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

Action: View Board of Veterans' Appeals Status (Link)

I know from reading this website for quite some time, and the wonderful post several helpful people have made, that this doesn't tell me anything other than watch the mail.

My question is this; when I check the benefits letter, it still says "One or more service connected disabilities: No". Would you expect this information to have an actual % listed if the decision were favorable at this time? Would your best guess be that I was turned down again? Does it sometimes take a day or two for this info to update, or would you expect this to be accurate information?

I keep running it through my head, and just don't know how quickly that letter would be updated if I were awarded something, so I can't help but think I have been denied again, and thought I would see what others with more experience had to say.

Thank you in advance for your answer, and thank you for taking the time to read this (what turned out to be a rather long) post.

Forgot to mention that the date of the letter, when I generate one, is 01/30/2014. I saw in another post where that question was asked, so I want to give all the info I can. Thanks again!

Edited by cbths1

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

33%? The VA limits the attorney cut to 20% for veteran disability claims to the VA, not counting their fees that may be granted under the Equal Access to Justice Act (which the vet does not pay) if your claim is appealed to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. I would be careful to choose someone certified to argue on your behalf before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, because that is where your claim may eventually end up. I would not take veterans law issues to a local WC attorney. This is a very specialized area.

its never over, until the veteran says its over. its up to you to quit, but chances are the va is on the ropes. you just dont know it.

33%? The VA limits the attorney cut to 20% for veteran disability claims to the VA, not counting their fees that may be granted under the Equal Access to Justice Act (which the vet does not pay) if your claim is appealed to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. I would be careful to choose someone certified to argue on your behalf before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, because that is where your claim may eventually end up. I would not take veterans law issues to a local WC attorney. This is a very specialized area.

Meant to write 30% but I had a type o. Good to know though, thanks for the info. I just get a little pre-emptive, and a little worrysome. I am not quite there yet though in the appeals process. I asked for an increase and I am still in the NOD period. I will seriously start looking for an attorney once a decision is made after the NOD. At that point if I'm not satified with the decision then I'll step it up. Again, I am pessimistic, but the VA hasn't been fair as of yet with me.

Funny thing today. Snail mail came and surprise, surprise, C & P's scheduled. When I went to check Ebennies the status had changed to gathering evidence. Goes to show that the pony express is faster than ebennies. :dry::tongue: At least more reliable when the VA actually sends it out.

They have ample evidence that I provided, however, I'm positive, almost sure that the c&ps will be given more weight. But I'll just have submit more evidence and cite regulations. Although let me not get ahead of myself though. They may do what is right. : / besides on a positive note it's an update and it shows progress.

Edited by arng11