VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Exam

Rate this question

doogie

Question

MY QTC exam on my heart led to the CARDIOLOGIST saying in her report , that it was more likely than not a condition that would be service connected.she was wrong and did a lousy exam.she never read my records and only performed an ekg.

When the hearing judge saw the report she could not believe it.

as i had a rebuttal letter from my private doctor who works closely with my heart doctors stating 3 times the my heart in his opinion was a injury acuired in military service requiring one and a half months in a NAVAL hospital CARDIAC ward while considering all the evidence and records

Before the hearing the judge gave me 100% combined with PTSD ,so now i do not have to drive 5 or 6 hrs to the in person hearing.

Watch the QTC examiners i feel the do not try to help the vet much , read your report carefully on any C& P exam it could make the difference

Edited by doogie

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

QTC providers do not have access to your entire C-file, as they should when an IMO is requested by VA. The VARO sends the C-file to QTC corporate office in CA where a clerk will scan and upload only medical records tabbed by the VSO as needed for exam. At times the clerk fails to locate all the medical records listed by VSO, or the VSO fails to provide a complete list of needed records, there have also been times when the Medical records scanned and uploaded to the case belong to a different claimant, etc.

Confirm with QTC examiner before or at the time of exam that all pertaining MRs are available for his review, if they are not available make sure you provide him with copies, don't relay on VARO the C-file is somewhere in CA or in transient back to the VARO.

I had a C&P exam by a doctor in North Durham who is a complete imbecile. He reported I refused to allow him to perform ROM on my hips which is a blanatant lie. I can't lift my legs from hip pain that is horrible. I am scheduled for

hip replacement surgery next Friday by a civilian doctor who has been treating me for the last three years. I'm hoping his report will over ride that of the "Rent a Doctor" who also reported the X=Ray shows no sign of osteoarthritis. Three civilian doctors and 2 radiologist have stated otherwise. QTC is a contractor and not veteran friendly. You can read about them by googling "QTC VA OIG" which will tell you all about the unethical illegal activities of QTC.

Doogie:

Many Vets are seeing the same things that you are, I gave QTC a 20 Year report on blood pressure readings and a lot of other heart related evidence evidence. They had me fill out a pre- CP exam sheet in which I noted my angina, general chest pains  and shortness of breath. I also included the fact that I used Nitro Glyceryn when I had chest pains and angina. Anyway, the QTC report said I did not address these things  specifically which  is blatantly false and I received only 10% Hypertensive Heart Disease rather that the 20% that I should have received in the first place? It bothered me that they did not report my comments or condition accurately which resulted in a lower rating than I should have received?

So, you are not alone in this...Rootbeer22