VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim On E-Benefits

Rate this question

Kray

Question

A claim has appears on my E-Benefits page and I am not sure what it is or means. I did not submitted a claim for Retired Pay Adjustment and am not aware that I could. We got a cola raise about that time but would not see that as a claim. Any ideas what this could be? I have listed it below.

Thanks

Date of Claim Est. Completion Date Status Claim Type Updates Actions

12/16/2013 03/13/14 to 5/20/14 Claim Received Retired Pay Adjustment Upload Doc

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hello Kray and thanks for your service.

They may be checking to ensure you were paid correctly all your benefits; just my opinion only.

Since you are a retiree, you should be able to call the 1-800 DFAS number that handles your retired pay and they should be able to tell you something as well.

Back in Sep/Oct 2006 before "ebenefits", I got a letter from DFAS retiree section stating they were reviewing my files in conjunction with my VA rating at the time as I may have been underpaid; about 3 months later, I got a direct deposit over $4500.00; so I called them again just to make sure there were no mistakes and was informed that is the amount I was underpaid and my retiree pay is correct now.

Just a note, I went from 60% VA rating in 2005 when I retired to 80% in late 2006 and that may have been the reason for the review.

Thanks for your service and your reply. You may have a point in what you said. I have never been paid my retro pay from my 30% award in 2012 dating back to 2010. I contacted "My Pay" and had them send me a copy of the Audit Worksheet that the VA stated they never received. By the means of IRIS, I forwarded the AWS to the VA and they would not accept it. Then I forwarded the AWS to VA in November 2013 along with a letter stating I never received the retro pay. They must have opened a claim and named it "Retired Pay Adjustment".

I also have a claim in since 2010 for dependent pay that they have never allowed or paid.

Many thanks for your reply.