VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In Trouble At Work!

Rate this question

usdart

Question

I was in a Training session and the instructor made fun of me so I walked out.

This is Required Training and my Boss wants me to come by and 'talk about it'.

Boss knows I have PTSD but, I don't think he understands at all. Man, I am in deep doo-doo now.

What can I say to him to lesson my stress and get him off my backside?l

Edited by usdart

Well you can start by telling him the instructor was unprofessional. No instructor should ever make fun of a student. Then tell him you have no problem taking the training with an instructor who is professional. Personally i would have punched the instructor in the face if he made fun of me, but that wouldn't help keep your job. I am sorry you had to go thru this. The instructor should be made to apologize to you.

But honestly this is a fault with the trainer and not you.

Take care

Bob

In the old days you could settle things that way. I have to really work to control myself and not go off on these types.

My Boss will not blame the instructor, It is my responsibility to take this training but, it is not in my job description so I am going to approach it that way to start out with. I have a written record of the last 7 years of descrimination and harrassment and I am adding this to it.

I am keeping that as an ace in the hole in case they want to reprimand or fire me. The Stress is very hard to endure,but, I don't have another option for retirement so I am stuck in the muck and mire.

tell him you had bad gas, and didnt want to pollute the room. tell him the instructor made your stomach turn over.