VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Question

Rate this question

killemall

Question

If I am rated the followind would this be sufficient to meet tdiu reqirements?

50% hearing loss

10% tinitus ringing of ears

10% depression secondary to hearing loss

60% combined

Thanks for any help

I just checked the hearing disability calculator again and more than likely it will be 40% hearing loss plus 10% tinnitus plus 10% depression secondary to hearing loss.

This is only 50%. Meaning Id need to Hit 70% with other contingenies in order to hit tdiu criteria.

I am 70% hearing loss and 10% for tinnitus. While I was that, I was still working. Having a heck of a time for sure but working.

I became 100% scheduler for my heart so that pretty much kicked my but to retire. Not that I wanted to. I waited a while (few months) probably should have and applied for SSDI and got it in like 3 months.

I feel everyone is different when it comes to working but I liked my job just had a hard time doing it.

Do what you feel in your heart and keep on getting on so you will be happy for yourself. Isn't that what life is all about?

Sometimes I still feel I can do things but my wife slows me down. Of course I was already 55 years old when all this stuff hit.

Stillhere

My life has been army infantry...then head of security ar a private school then police. These three jobs span the past 16 years for me.

As of now I have 12 years of federal service. Would love to keep going. My job has asked me to resighn due to legal actions were I made a bad choice. Not due to medical conditions.

Just because your at 60% SC and about to be unemployed, proving TDIU per 38 CFR 4, is necessary! How much money have you been making? IF over 2014 Poverty level for 1 person ($11,???.00), you have to show why you won't be able to earn over poverty level in the future.

I advise you research the TDIU rating and evidence requirements over a couple of days. Then go on your VA E BENIFITS web site. Start a new compensation claim onllne. You have up to 1 year to complete the application, but the date you start the nonlinear claim, is your claim date for retro pay.

Apply for VA Vocational Rehab, a letter from the VA VocRehab counselar say your not eligible due to your SC conditions and unable to do "SEDENTARY " WORK, WILL BE ONE of the most important pieces of evidence for your TDIU claim.