VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Request C&p Exam Or Wait?

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

My Husband recieved his evaluation psych report from the VA contract doctor for his PSTD. It agreed with the SSA doctor so that is two for the PTSD w/depression. We dropped it off and gave it to the SO but the doctor had already sent it to her.

WE told her that was the last of the records we had for the C-file and that anything else would be on-going treatment records. She called someone I think at the AL and asked what was going on with the claim. They said they are in the development stage but that they did send in the TDIU.

When she got off the phone she was smiling and said it was a good sign when they send in the TDIU form.

Guess what.....we sent in the TDIU weeks ago when we sent Dr. Bash's IME report. I guess the C-file will just get full of duplicated paperwork so it can confused the raters. To many cooks in the kitchen makes for "salty" food.

Does anyone know how long before the C&P exams are scheduled or should we send a certified letter to the RO and request them? Or do they ever rate without C&P exams.

Jangrin

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jangrin, They should send you a SSOC. The SSOC will tell you their plans. Like scheduling a C @ P exam. If one is not scheduled, They may go a head and rate it. I just hope they dont take Dr Bash,s IMO and treat it as new evidence and put your claim last in line.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin,

Is this an appeal? If it is, and you haven't received an initial decision on that appeal, you'll either receive a grant in benefits or a Statement of the Case (SOC). A Supplemental Statement of the Case (SSOC) would be issued after a SOC pertaining to any additional evidence/issues not addressed in the prior SOC.

It sounds like your husband just had his C&P exam for PTSD, as you stated;

"My Husband recieved his evaluation psych report from the VA contract doctor for his PSTD"

If this is an original claim your C-file will go to the rating activity for a decision. If its an appeal it will go to the DRO for a decision (if you elected the DRO prcoess).

The only thing I see that may be done now is, if your SO just sent in a IU application and the recent C&P exam didn't address employability in any way, the VA may schedule another C&P exam to get a doctors opinion as to whether they think your husband can work or not. However, you did say you sent the IU application in "weeks" ago with other evidence, so the VA may have already asked the C&P doctor for an opinion.

I hope this helps!

Vike 17

Guest jangrin

John and Vike 17,

This is my husband's first claim ever with VA. He filed in Feb 06. We have been gathering medical records and getting IME etc in response to the VCAA letters and what he needed to provide the VA for service connection of his medical condition.

We have not recieved an SOC unless that is what you are calling the VCAA letter. He has not been sent anything that says C&P exam on it, however, the SO did set up the eval with the VA contract psych doctor, she had to call around to different areas for funding, it got approved by VA and my husband has had 6 sessions and is starting group therapy.

So I guess it could be a C&P but it was more than one visit. From what I have read here at Hadit, I don't think my husband has recieved an SOC yet. He has had medical exam and a mental exam for SSA and I know VA got copies of that. Also copies of his IME with Dr. Bash in support of DMII and secondarys, but other than his PCP who is a VA doctor, that is all we have. I think he has yet to be scheduled for the C&Pexams.We don't have anything else to send in and we signed the VCAA form that asked the VA to make a determination. Come to think of it, I believe the SO said something about C&P's yet to be done. I guess we will have to wait a while longer.

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

Guest jangrin

Pete,

I know we really don't want to change RO's now. But we probably need to make a decision about whether it should be now before the C&P exams. And if it should be transfered to where ever we move.

I think my husband could leave it at this RO and then come back here for the exams. I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions or comments about the Texas RO? The SSDI claim has not been decided yet either. I hope soon. Makes it tough to get utilities and try to rent or even buy a place when you have no job and no income for them to check or your work reference. At least SS would show retirement income.

We have a friend who has a home in Arkansas that is sitting empty. We may stay there until the SSA makes a determination.

It will all work out, I have been promised that I will never be given more than I can handle. That is a good thing.

Jangrin