VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's My Turn! Fdc On The Move

Rate this question

NavyWife

Question

OMFG! I don't believe it. My FDC status has finally changed from the 1st step of Under Review to the 2nd step of Gathering Evidence! The estimated claim completion date only extended out 2 extra months--not bad! Under Contentions, it always previously said VBMS (new); now it lists the 2 contentions we actually filed for.

I realize Ebenefits is only as good as the person updating the info at the VARO, but nonetheless, I'm so excited and happy. I feel like I just won the lottery or something. Also, a little bit emotional because I've been working my a$$ off for 40 to 50 hours per week on this claim & learning the "VA Process" since September. It's nice to know someone has actually looked at it!

It says "Development Letter Sent". This is an FDC, so I've already signed the VCAA 5103 notice. What could that be for?

The past 2 weeks, I've been emailing every other day, the VSO's in my area asking for status updates. Also, my FDC just hit the 125 day mark. Coincidence?????

Edited by NavyWife

Navywife,

Great to see your claim moved too. I guess the Waco RO is currently working on Sep 13 FDCs, Lol! Keep us posted and let us know what is going on. Great news

NavyWife,

I am so Happy for you, and your family. Hopefully, this all comes to an end soon, and you get what is rightfully yours.

Good Bless.

Aggie

• HadIt.com Elder

I never got 5103 Waiver notice. They are five months behind in sending it to me, but I did swear that I did not have any more evidence. I filed in June of 2013 and nothing has happened since that date. I refuse to check Ebenefits again since the so-called completion date retreats in front of my eyes every time I check.

I just got the Development Letter.

It's just a form letter saying we are still processing your application. If your mailing address is different, please advise us, etc, etc. No mention of the VCAA 5103, so that's good.

Next step should be a C&P exam. I've checked Ebenefits under Exam Appointment Calendar and nothing shows there yet. Do I need to go into MyHealthyVet and view that exam calendar, too?? Or are they the same thing???

Guess while we're waiting for that, I will start studying the Clinician's Guide and prep him for the C&P. Since his memory is shot, I'm also going to prepare a single page summary of his symptoms that he can hand to the dr. at the C&P. I think everyone gets nervous and forgetful at the doctor's office, so it will help him not to forget to say anything important to the doc.

Edited by NavyWife