VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Ptsd Just Finished

Rate this question

usdart

Question

An hour ago I had my C&P with the QTC. :biggrin:

I thought it went well for me, the Doc stated that I should not worry because I hit ALL the marks for PTSD. She showed me her computer screen with the checkmarks all the way down. Social, work, Home etc all were addressed. She assured me I had PTSD and not to worry about the rating.

She said I had the hard part done and to try to relax. She said her part will be submitted TODAY.

Now we will find out if honesty works or they are all out against me.

She recommended trying the medications that are available but only if I want to.

I am 'cautiosly optimistic' as the politicians say.

6 answers to this question

Great News Dart,

I have 6 C&Ps next Friday, and one is for an PTSD increase. I pray that it will go well for me as it was for you. Take a breather and enjoy the weekend bud.

• HadIt.com Elder

The C&P doctor does not make the PTSD rating. That is the job of the VARO. When you get your copy of the exam post it here, so we can get an idea of what your percentage might be if the VARO accepts what the exam doctor says. Are you working?

Yes, I am working but, I did tell her my Job is in jeopardy. I told her they are auditing my absenteeism and pressuring me every chance they get.

She also knows (because I told her when asked) that I have had 50 jobs since Viet Nam. I don't know what to expect from the VARO for the next part of this.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are working it is hard to get a rating higher than 50% for PTSD, but it can be done. To get 100% you must be unemployable according to the VA's own rules. If everything falls just right you might get 70% without being unemployable. You will probably get a decision from the VARO pretty quick. You will most probably get connected for PTSD. The question is what percentage you get. The VARO is not generous unless the evidence is there to support a certain rating. If you are still able to work then 30% to 50% is most likely.

John

Good to hear, sounds like it went well usdart. After my C&P for PTSD I moved to "Preparation for Decision" within two weeks I think? Hopefully you will hear something soon! Let us know! :)

Thanks to everyone here for all the ecouragement and advice.

I recieved more help here than through my VSO. This site and it's people should be a 501C4 and sanctioned by the VA. Notice I did not say 'regulated'. The help here cannot be duplicated anywhere else.