VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Denied - Reconsideration Meeting

Rate this question

thomasc

Question

So I was denied TDIU back in Oct. 2013, and my VSO (Dec. 2013) recommended a reconsideration and requested a meeting with the rater. Today(Feb.2014), I received a letter from the VA with a meeting scheduled for next week. My VSO said I don't need to bring anything and not to worry if they bring up incompetency, but I don't feel like being ambushed. I don't want to be caught off guard or give the VA any ammo to use against me.

So the Question is: Has anyone been through this? what was the outcome of your meeting? any other advise is appreciated, Thanks.

Edited by thomasc

Congratulations. I just talked to my VSO and the unofficial word is that my TDIU P&T has been granted effective July 26, 2012

Street,

This sounds great, looking forward to you getting it in writing and posting

us a copy here.

Soooooooo............

Should I book a reservation at the local Steak house for about 20 hadit members {{{ lol }}} !

Sounds like a plan, haven't been out for steak for a while! and I could use some good company.

Its been a long wait, so I am a little weary of celebrating just yet. I wasn't given a time frame for the official word.

Streetwalker that is GREAT NEWS!!!!

Quiksting said:

"I printed a letter of SSD verification to give the examiner. I called SS and asked if they sent VA anything on me and the man told me no. Does it take long for SS to send something to the VA?"

Good ,bring that letter to the examiner and tell him what it is for.....

You need to sign (unless this has changed in the last few years) an authorization form (available at the VA web site under Forms,) that gives VA our permission to obtain the SSA records.

I would think the SSA records can be electronically obtained these days but I had a problem with getting them years ago....

only to find out what SSA told you....VA had never formally requested them.

If the VA had done it by the book,and got those records properly ,in that case, maybe my husband would have seen his 100% SC rating in his lifetime.

Has the authorization form procedure changed when VA sees that the veteran is receiving SSDI on the TDIU form ?