VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Development Letter......

Rate this question

StreetWalker

Question

So my claim is setting at Preparation for Decision and it says a development letter has been sent. This all happened on the 3rd of this month. So far no letter has shown up. I'm to the point where I'm starting to think it's a stall tactic. If I don't receive the letter tomorrow I guess I'll head down to the RO Monday and talk to my VSO and the VA and see what's going on. It's a TDIU claim and I can't for the life of me figure out what kind of letter they need. 5103 was sent in back in July, C&P exams are complete and have been received. Ortho doctor stated I'm unable to do any kind of work due to the limitations caused by my back and my need to constantly switch positions.

Go figure...

My claim closed over a week ago, got the BBE 2 days later, got the retro yesterday. Then today I get another BBE in the mailbox, telling me they received an incomplete claim 01/10/2014 and if I want to process my Fully Developed Claim I need to submit a 526ez.

I called Peggy, their answer was there isn't a claim and sometimes the system does that and that I should throw the correspondence away - Brilliant!

Best of luck to you Street!

Go figure...

My claim closed over a week ago, got the BBE 2 days later, got the retro yesterday. Then today I get another BBE in the mailbox, telling me they received an incomplete claim 01/10/2014 and if I want to process my Fully Developed Claim I need to submit a 526ez.

I called Peggy, their answer was there isn't a claim and sometimes the system does that and that I should throw the correspondence away - Brilliant!

Best of luck to you Street!

I had the same thing happen with my claim out of Detroit. One day ebenifits said "Gathering Evidence" the next was Appeal is Possible

Decision Notification Sent...when I called the VSO/Attorney's office to ask what was going on, they called the VBA. VBA told them a claim under my SSN was never filed. When informed that the claim was sent certified mail to back up the efiling someone did a tap dance and said it must have been lost...keep in mind this claim was viable though ebenifits. Then when the VSO rep introduced herself as a retired Brigadier, the claim was magically found and reentered at the original filing date. It's been over a year and still in the gathering evidence stage. It has gone to the developmental letter process three times. From what I understand multiple "letters" can be developed and if more information is needed the claim will go back to the previous development stage...so it can be a back and forth process. Although I would love to hear about a decision, I'm glad they are not just pushing it throug with a denial just to clear back log.