Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
8up4life

Varo Denied My Claims, No Comment On Smr's, No C&p.

Question

As the subject line states. The Local VARO denied all of my claims without considering evidence in their possession or ordering C&P exams. They awarded 10% NSC for Tinnitus ignoring my documented whiplash injuries and my combat. They denied claims for loss of use of L Arm ignoring the documented neurolical condition. They denied PTSD ignoring that I was attacked for 2 weeks by ballistic missiles followed by engaing the republican guard. They denied respiratory problems ignoring documeted difficulty breathing. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Basically they are telling me there is no evidence to support any of my claims but they cite the evidence they are ignoring. Im confused!

You are going to need to NOD this denial, Get a Bash IMO and then get an attorney asap.

Do you have copies of your records?

J

Ad

This was a claim I filed in 2007. I never appealed it, it is final as of Jul. 2008. I started a new claim in 2010 and they awarded me 10% for L Shoulder in Oct 2013 which ignores the neurological conditions associated with it like winged scapula, trapezius atrophy, inability to abduct L Arm above 90 Deg. They pulIed a L shoulder sprain outta somewhere... Man I cant afford anything. My electricity is about to be cut off. I got kids and a german wife that I cant even afford to get legalized here so she can work or drive or anything.

Explain "I was attacked for two weeks by ballistic missiles followed by engaging Republican Guard". What was your MOS? Did you get any combat awards or badges? If so I don't know how VA denied your PTSD claim.

Review the evidence list provided in the decision, item by item. Determine if all of the evidence you provided was, in fact, included in the evidence list. Then carefully review the Reasons and Bases they provide to see if the evidence on the list was in fact addressed. By addressed, I mean the decision must offer more than a perfunctory statement that there's no evidence or insufficient evidence to back your claim. They have to tell you HOW they got there, not just that they got there, and why the evidence you provided was insufficient to give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

I agree with everyone above. Also, on your medical exit exam from the Military, it will list all your chronic conditions. If they relate to your claim, they will be automatically service connected, as long as you have been seeking help thru the VA. The VA is well known for denying Vets, yet they can not totally decline every condition that you apply for, as long as the medical evidence or current VA treatment supports the claims. For example the VA tried to say at first that my Chron's Disease was due to my Genes, but the Navy had already listed my Chrohn's as Service Connected, and in fact I was Medically Retired last year due to my disease. The VA could not deny me on what was in front of them. Good luck and if you do have all the evidence to support this claim, file an NOD. God Bless and good luck